2021-2022 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Asking for a "friend"... Does Pitt Med drug test? If so for what and when?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
this is also my thinking! accepted WL students, let us know when you hear back from PSTP! I have a good feeling that you'll be accepted to PSTP! nonetheless congrats on your acceptance!
Thanks! just got the PSTP A!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I called the admissions office and can confirm that they don’t anticipate waitlist movement until after April 15th. Their words exactly lol

Reactions: 4 users
I called the admissions office and can confirm that they don’t anticipate waitlist movement until after April 15th. Their words exactly lol
did they say this in a manner that potentially implied there will be some movement at least?

When I called she said they are looking at it presently

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
did they say this in a manner that potentially implied there will be some movement at least?
they just kept repeating "We don't anticipate waitlist movement until after April 15th" so I feel like there's a good chance but who knows tbh

Does anyone know when financial aid is supposed to come out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when applications open for Early Decision? Is it the same as regular AMCAS (May 31st)?

How long after April 15 do you all think it will take for waitlist movement to start?

Last edited:
Is it down for your portals only? I tried getting onto the med school admissions login in general (not my account specifically) and the whole website seems to be down.

Same for me. Like this message if it is down for you, and comment if it’s not. I am curious if this is the case for everyone. I also looked at last year’s thread, but the PTE deadlines were different then, and WL movement started around March 25.

Reactions: 11 users
Same for me. Like this message if it is down for you, and comment if it’s not. I am curious if this is the case for everyone. I also looked at last year’s thread, but the PTE deadlines were different then, and WL movement started around March 25.
it seems to be back up now?

when i try to just go to the website it's not even able to load? kind of different from previous portal shutdowns where it just said on the login page that the portal was down. is this for everyone?

when i try to just go to the website it's not even able to load? kind of different from previous portal shutdowns where it just said on the login page that the portal was down. is this for everyone?
Same thing happened to me, happened when I commented around 1030

Reactions: 2 users
Mine is back up too but the order of my documents has shifted, not sure if that means anything tho lol

Reactions: 2 users
Mine is back up too but the order of my documents has shifted, not sure if that means anything tho lol
Mine has as well. Don’t know if this is just a software thing or if it means something. The conspiracy theorist in me is hoping for the latter though

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Mine has as well. Don’t know if this is just a software thing or if it means something. The conspiracy theorist in me is hoping for the latter though
can't help but microanalyze but was the documents ordered chronologically in the Date Received column before? and then the order switched to not exactly chronological?

• Haha
So I’ve seen a few people on here who got off the waitlist, some of whom also applied to PTSP. For those only applying regular MD, what is the anticipated waitlist movement like? How many spots typically open up, and would we expect one main wave, or one soon and then one after the April 30th deadline? Is the waitlist ranked?

So I’ve seen a few people on here who got off the waitlist, some of whom also applied to PTSP. For those only applying regular MD, what is the anticipated waitlist movement like? How many spots typically open up, and would we expect one main wave, or one soon and then one after the April 30th deadline? Is the waitlist ranked?
Waitlist is divided into two tiers. Apparently almost all those on the first tier will usually see success, while those on the second, maybe not so much (source: google Pitt Med's WL procedure and the bylaw document will be the first thing that pops up). If they were already reviewing, I'd imagine they have some idea of how many will be coming in first and that it may be in waves (small in next two weeks, more after), but I wouldn't expect the brunt of the movement until the first week of May (source: member of adcom and general WL movement at T20 schools).

I don't think anyone would be able to accurately predict the amount of spots, since COVID might have messed it up, but it also might not have and maybe went to pre-pandemic levels. I personally think speculation on that front wouldn't be super beneficial for us WLers to think about :/

Optimistic tho. If y'all are WL'd here, you worked your butt off and undoubtedly will be super successful!

Waitlist is divided into two tiers. Apparently almost all those on the first tier will usually see success, while those on the second, maybe not so much (source: google Pitt Med's WL procedure and the bylaw document will be the first thing that pops up). If they were already reviewing, I'd imagine they have some idea of how many will be coming in first and that it may be in waves (small in next two weeks, more after), but I wouldn't expect the brunt of the movement until the first week of May (source: member of adcom and general WL movement at T20 schools).

I don't think anyone would be able to accurately predict the amount of spots, since COVID might have messed it up, but it also might not have and maybe went to pre-pandemic levels. I personally think speculation on that front wouldn't be super beneficial for us WLers to think about :/

Optimistic tho. If y'all are WL'd here, you worked your butt off and undoubtedly will be super successful!
Ohh interesting information! AAMC waitlist procedure pdf states ~65 accepted off the waitlist for Pitt, but the total # of WL obviously varies alot. April 30th feels so far away!

Since it's after April 15th...if any brave soul calls admissions again please let us know what they're saying now lol

• Love
  • Haha
All of us when someone mentions the idea of calling Pitt admissions

IMG_3561.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
okay so I got my friend to call in (she's a real one 🥺 💕) and they said to expect movement in two weeks if there is any and apparently this year there isn't a two tiered waitlist it's just one waitlist and there is no way for you to know where you rank on it

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
okay so I got my friend to call in (she's a real one 🥺 💕) and they said to expect movement in two weeks if there is any and apparently this year there isn't a two tiered waitlist it's just one waitlist and there is no way for you to know where you rank on it
“If there is any” BIG SAD :(

thank you and your friend though <3

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I too had a friend call and was told …. They are actively reviewing it right now so could be any day

I too had a friend call and was told …. They are actively reviewing it right now so could be any day
Well at least they're consistent!

• Haha