2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please send me an interview :(

I heard if you don’t get anything by thanksgiving start packing your bags

Don’t worry it seems they haven’t sent any IIs yet

Members don't see this ad.

Philly campus sent out II today.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if its possible to receive interviews at all 3 campuses?

• Wow
IS II today for 10/14. Hopefully more start rolling out soon- best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
II received yesterday. 10/18-19 are II dates, as well as the following Monday. That's all they had left for October

edit: apologies, they also said they had 10/21

Members don't see this ad :)
II received for 10/21! Super excited. LM ~ 69, URM, OOS. Does anyone know the interview format? Freaking out lol

Reactions: 1 users
II received for 10/21! Super excited. LM ~ 69, URM, OOS. Does anyone know the interview format? Freaking out lol
Normal interview, closed file. Usually 1-2 professors/students to 1 applicant

can anyone who has received an interview give an estimate from being complete to the time you received the II? thank you :)

Recently got an II here and was wondering if any current students have any input on the school. I’ve heard it doesn’t have the same opportunities as going to the PA campus. Also not a fan of how they report their stats on their website.

It’s close to home tho and would def consider it if given an A

Reactions: 2 users
For those who have received IIs, can you please share your stats and whether you are ORM/URM?

I am ORM, LM ~68 and I’ve heard nothing yet

Verified August 7th i think.
Interviewed 10/14, ORM LM ~72.
Still haven't received decision tho :(

Still hoping to get a II! Haven't heard from them in a while.

Is the 4-6 weeks decision post-interview accurate? I'm itching to find out but doesn't look like anyone has heard anything

Current OMS-1 here. I enrolled because I couldn't get into an MD school. MCAT 504, GPA 3.8. This wasn't my first choice, but I'm here. I know a lot of my peers were re-applicants and many got in super later, like this summer to matriculate Fall 2021. That said, it's a long road so don't give up.

As I stated above, this wasn't my first choice so I'm not gun-ho about PCOM. There's a lot they need to work on. For instance, our class was the first to go through the new curriculum, PCOM-One where they merged all their campuses (Philly, GA, and SGA). GA-PCOM was the last to merge. SGA merged last year. Honestly, most of us - at GA - are constantly flipping through SGA/PA's slides to learn content info ((shared off a student run Google Sheets)) as tests are the same across all campuses. All professors from each campus agree on test questions, but we've had multiple questions dismissed from tests/quizzes because our professor (from GA) didn't cover a test question which was written by another campus prof.

That being said, everyone is still adjusting and hopefully, it will be better next year. To be truthfully honest, I wish I applied to PCOM-Philly as their rotation sites are better and you will have a better chance of matching to competitive specialties (ortho, derm, etc) - look at match lists. I've talked to our Dean at GA-PCOM and she shared that it's because GA-PCOM is new and there is a stigma in the South, so we don't have the best rotation sites - we're also competing with Emory and Morehouse, but this is a goal of hers to achieve - obtaining better rotation sites. However, we do have access to all required rotation sites, just not speciality sites (listed above) you'll need to find those opportunities on your own. On the flip side, Philly does offer speciality rotation sites because they have their own hospital. Not a bad thing, but take it into consideration.

Regardless, medical school is hard. I'll try to respond if you have any questions. All in all, I'm NOT saying don't go here. At the end of the day, you'll be a DR and that's all that should matter.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Hello everyone!! I have seen some people get II and I wanted to know, did they just start sending out invites? Are they a tiny bit slower in this whole process?
Thank you!!

Hello everyone!! I have seen some people get II and I wanted to know, did they just start sending out invites? Are they a tiny bit slower in this whole process?
Thank you!!
I want to say they started sending invites in early October. I received my II 6 days before my interview, so it's a very quick turnaround! I'm not sure how many IIs they have sent out or how many sessions they've had, but my interview group was small. It was about 12 of us.

I want to say they started sending invites in early October. I received my II 6 days before my interview, so it's a very quick turnaround! I'm not sure how many IIs they have sent out or how many sessions they've had, but my interview group was small. It was about 12 of us.
Have you gotten your decision yet?

Current OMS-1 here. I enrolled because I couldn't get into an MD school. MCAT 504, GPA 3.8. This wasn't my first choice, but I'm here. I know a lot of my peers were re-applicants and many got in super later, like this summer to matriculate Fall 2021. That said, it's a long road so don't give up.

As I stated above, this wasn't my first choice so I'm not gun-ho about PCOM. There's a lot they need to work on. For instance, our class was the first to go through the new curriculum, PCOM-One where they merged all their campuses (Philly, GA, and SGA). GA-PCOM was the last to merge. SGA merged last year. Honestly, most of us - at GA - are constantly flipping through SGA/PA's slides to learn content info ((shared off a student run Google Sheets)) as tests are the same across all campuses. All professors from each campus agree on test questions, but we've had multiple questions dismissed from tests/quizzes because our professor (from GA) didn't cover a test question which was written by another campus prof.

That being said, everyone is still adjusting and hopefully, it will be better next year. To be truthfully honest, I wish I applied to PCOM-Philly as their rotation sites are better and you will have a better chance of matching to competitive specialties (ortho, derm, etc) - look at match lists. I've talked to our Dean at GA-PCOM and she shared that it's because GA-PCOM is new and there is a stigma in the South, so we don't have the best rotation sites - we're also competing with Emory and Morehouse, but this is a goal of hers to achieve - obtaining better rotation sites. However, we do have access to all required rotation sites, just not speciality sites (listed above) you'll need to find those opportunities on your own. On the flip side, Philly does offer speciality rotation sites because they have their own hospital. Not a bad thing, but take it into consideration.

Regardless, medical school is hard. I'll try to respond if you have any questions. All in all, I'm NOT saying don't go here. At the end of the day, you'll be a DR and that's all that should matter.
What hospitals does PCOM-GA use for their core rotations?

Do they send complete emails?
They send receipt of primary AACOMAS, then a link to log into the portal to view everything they received. Pay the $75 and wait to see if you get an II email basically.

Interviewed 10/14 and haven't hear back yet. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
same, hoping its this thursday since this week is the 4th week. Worst case, we have to wait another 2 weeks.

II just now! Complete 8/9, IS, ORM, LM 68.

II at 8 pm! Complete 10/13, IS, URM, LM ~65 w/ 51X
Offered early December slot.

greys anatomy love GIF
almost saying that :D

Anybody know where PCOM - Georgia is in the interview process? I thought I might get an interview invite, but haven't heard anything yet. What stats are they interviewing at this time? My friend got an interview and his stats are the same as mine along with similar resumes.

Anybody know where PCOM - Georgia is in the interview process? I thought I might get an interview invite, but haven't heard anything yet. What stats are they interviewing at this time? My friend got an interview and his stats are the same as mine along with similar resumes.
I wouldn't worry too much- I think they're moving pretty slowly this year. I interviewed 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet

Didn’t you just answer your own question?