2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your stats are almost identical to mine when I was accepted! 505, 3.8X, reapplicant that was waitlisted the year prior. You got this!!!
Omg this made me feel a TON better! Thank you so much! Would love to keep the trend going with an A lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for stopping by! Do you have any insights as to where MCG is with interviews? i.e. total percent of interviews already given out, how much longer they'll be extending invites, etc. Just anything that could potentially give those of us without IIs some hope!
All I know is they sent out a sign up sheet to med students to do virtual tours, and the sign up sheet went through the end of January. Unfortunately, at the M4 point I’m pretty far removed from the interview/admittance process.

This silence from MCG is soul-crushing. I was sent an email from admissions to verify something on my secondary application on 10/11. Silence since then. Complete 08/17.

511, 3.6+, ORM, IS.

Does MCG take application updates?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This silence from MCG is soul-crushing. I was sent an email from admissions to verify something on my secondary application on 10/11. Silence since then. Complete 08/17.

511, 3.6+, ORM, IS.

Does MCG take application updates?
yep! On the portal you can upload an update

yep! On the portal you can upload an update
Not sure how strict they are with this, but it states in the application portal that "File updates can be added after secondary submission up until December 1, 2021"

Does anyone know if we can send them a letter of intent to matriculate through their email? Still haven't heard back post-interview a few months ago :(

Does anyone know if we can send them a letter of intent to matriculate through their email? Still haven't heard back post-interview a few months ago :(
There is an option on their portal to upload a Letter of Intent. I think it's best if you upload there since I can't find anything online saying it's okay to email them.

Man, this Friday is going to either break or make some of yall's Christmas and new year. Best of luck to all the applicants who had interviews!

Reactions: 4 users
There is an option on their portal to upload a Letter of Intent. I think it's best if you upload there since I can't find anything online saying it's okay to email them.
Thanks! I may give that a try.
I also thought I'd heard somewhere that they wouldn't accept updates/letters past a December date, but hopefully i'm wrong about that..

Interviewed 10/19 and I didn't hear back on 11/19. Hopefully, I do hear something this Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 11/16. Praying I hear something this Friday.

Interviewed middle of October, hope to hear something back this Friday. Best of luck to everyone else!

Interviewed 9/30. Dying to hear back. Literally having nightmares of rejections every night. Hope I hear back tomorrow!

Interviewed 10/19 and I didn't hear back on 11/19. Hopefully, I do hear something this Friday.
interviewed around the same time and also haven't head back yet. best of luck everyone!

my decision email in Nov came at 8:14am

Well, if that was it for today that was underwhelming to say the least

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else hear yet? I don’t know if they’re still sending out emails after 9 AM EST

interviewed mid October and still haven't heard lol. very thankful for the interviews but damn, am i done with this process

Reactions: 7 users
So if we don't hear back today. Next time we can expect to hear something is January 21??? IKYFL

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed 11/18 and didn't hear this morning. Gonna be a long wait until January 21.

• Care
Interviewed 11/16 and didn't hear anything this morning.

I interviewed 9/30 man been through 3 decision days imagine my pain 😭

Reactions: 4 users
I've seen that the admissions team is not allowing file updates after December 1st. Does anyone know if this applies to letters of intent and/or grade transcripts? I just received final grades a few days ago and would like to share them.

I've seen that the admissions team is not allowing file updates after December 1st. Does anyone know if this applies to letters of intent and/or grade transcripts? I just received final grades a few days ago and would like to share them.
Admissions team wants you to only send in unofficial transcripts after December 1. They say that you can still send updates and LOI afterwards, but they probably will not look at them unless they have extra time. Basically try your luck is the answer.

Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed 11/16

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here interview on 10/28 and not hear back yet? Because I’m in that boat. Or anyone who interviewed 10/28, have you been accepted today?

What are the odds they still have IIs left to send? The silence is destroying my soul.

What are the odds they still have IIs left to send? The silence is destroying my soul.
One of my friends had an interview in February and he was accepted in May after being on the waitlist. So do not lose hope just yet.
Until you receive the official rejection letter, you are still in the game.
However, do prepare for the upcoming cycle in case you do not get in anywhere this year.

Reactions: 2 users
One of my friends had an interview in February and he was accepted in May after being on the waitlist. So do not lose hope just yet.
Until you receive the official rejection letter, you are still in the game.
However, do prepare for the upcoming cycle in case you do not get in anywhere this year.
Do you recall when your friend got the II for that February interview?