2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious if you heard anything since that phone call?
Just noticed a mail coming in from LECOM through USPS Informed Delivery literally right now. So I go log in to the portal and my previous status was about being confirmed for the alternate list, however now its back to:

Status​

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!

I'm guessing that if someone is on the alternate list and get a letter from now moving forward, it is like gonna be an Acceptance letter. Glad to see alternate list is moving.

Reactions: 4 users
would love to hear some movement from Erie!

Reactions: 3 users
Hope you guys are next!!!
I’m really hoping I hear from LECOM-Elmira sooner rather than later. I have an acceptance elsewhere and I’ve been putting off securing a place since December. However, I can’t keep putting it off any longer. I’m hoping to hear back as soon as possible. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out for everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For any one who wrote a letter of intent to the erie campus, who did you email it to?

i wrote it to lisa and sent it but got an automatic reply stating that she is no longer with lecom and that my email will be forwarded to some one else

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Has there been ANY waitlist movement for Erie?

Members don't see this ad :)
May 4th, I'm assuming everyone on the alternate list received it. But, maybe she sends them out periodically to different cohorts. Not sure.
I received that email too. Literally says “ You might receive an acceptance email any day!” So I was wondering if that has happened for anyone yet 😁

I received that email too. Literally says “ You might receive an acceptance email any day!” So I was wondering if that has happened for anyone yet 😁
Yeah, I have a few friends on the WL and they haven't heard back yet, either. I'm sure some folks have. It's my understanding that the list is in order of when you accepted the alternate seat.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I have a few friends on the WL and they haven't heard back yet, either. I'm sure some folks have. It's my understanding that the list is in order of when you accepted the alternate seat.
I mean I accepted the alternate seat way back in September, so not sure how accurate that is.

Was accepted here a few months ago. If anyone has questions, feel free to DM me. Have my eyes set on another school I'm on the WL for so if I get in, I'll be the first to drop off from LECOM Erie .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think last year, first erie acceptance off of alternate list posted on this forum was like May 24th or something. Don't quote me though, its been two weeks since I last checked.

Withdrew my seat at Elmira, I hope it goes to one of you very deserving future physicians!

• Care
I mean I accepted the alternate seat way back in September, so not sure how accurate that is.
Don’t know for certain, but I was told by the Seton Hill admissions rep that the list is in order of when you accepted a seat. Could possibly be different at the other campuses.

Don’t know for certain, but I was told by the Seton Hill admissions rep that the list is in order of when you accepted a seat. Could possibly be different at the other campuses.
Most likely different for Erie since they have all 3 learning styles

Did anyone WL for Erie get that same email that those from Seton hill did about WL movement? I never got an email…

Got an email today from Seton Hill saying my application is being re-reviewed by the committee and to confirm my interest. Anybody else?
Or Anybody know what this means?

Last edited:
  • Care
Withdrew my seat at Elmira, I hope it goes to one of you very deserving future physicians!
Did they tell you anything about the deposit deadline? Like do you have to pay immediately or did they give you a timeframe?

Got an email today from Seton Hill saying my application is being re-reviewed by the committee and to confirm my interest. Anybody else?
I did too!! Does this mean we’re accepted?? Totally not freaking out or sweating profusely right now 😂

I did too…hoping for the best for us!!

• Care
Got a call from LECOM saying they pulled my file and if I’m still interested in attending. Hoping it’s a good sign

Got a call from LECOM saying they pulled my file and if I’m still interested in attending. Hoping it’s a good sign
Which campus? And were you waitlist or alternate list?

IMG_9927.JPG
current mood

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Some of their MMS students who made the cutoff are on their waitlist and alternate list but most of the MMS students end up choosing LDP at Erie

when did u confirm ur seat on the alternate list?

Erie. Alternate although I think it means the same thing as waitlist
They are different lists.

My understanding is this:

Alternates have essentially been picked to move into seats as they become, or are deemed, available.

Waitlist applicants will have additional review(s) as the cycle goes on to be decided into another fate at a later time (accepted, alternate list, or rejected).

They are different lists.

My understanding is this:

Alternates have essentially been picked to move into seats as they become, or are deemed, available.

Waitlist applicants will have additional review(s) as the cycle goes on to be decided into another fate at a later time (accepted, alternate list, or rejected).
Possibly different at other campuses, but I am on the ‘alternate’ list at seton hill and was just notified today that my file is being re-reviewed by the committee. Admissions also has used the two terms interchangeably in emails with me. So, at seton hill I strongly believe they are the same thing. Can’t speak for the other campuses but Erie & SH are really one entity.

Possibly different at other campuses, but I am on the ‘alternate’ list at seton hill and was just notified today that my file is being re-reviewed by the committee. Admissions also has used the two terms interchangeably in emails with me. So, at seton hill I strongly believe they are the same thing. Can’t speak for the other campuses but Erie & SH are really one entity.
Agreed! I think LECOM just uses alternate list as another way to say waitlist. Might be different for others school

No worries.

I’m a student at Erie

I agree that some may inappropriately use the words interchangeably.

Either way, anyone not accepted is susceptible to additional reviews and final decisions. But alternate is seen as more promising because the school does pull students off of it for admission even after the start of the year whereas they do not do that with the waitlist.

Only thing I've gathered is the postage stamp; if 0.49c it's alternate, if 0.54c then acceptance. This isn't confirmed but something I noticed.
Just in case anyone is anxious like me, this was NOT true for my letter. My letter was stamped 0.49c but received an acceptance to Elmira yesterday! Best of luck to everyone on the AL/WL! :)

Just in case anyone is anxious like me, this was NOT true for my letter. My letter was stamped 0.49c but received an acceptance to Elmira yesterday! Best of luck to everyone on the AL/WL! :)
Did you only receive the letter in the mail or an email to confirm as well?

Did anyone get off the AL for LECOM Erie?