2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I was just notified about being on hold again? They asked me to indicate if I was still interested in the program for the second time lol. The first time was December, now in March. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone else think this is odd?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I was just notified about being on hold again? They asked me to indicate if I was still interested in the program for the second time lol. The first time was December, now in March. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone else think this is odd?
+1 😭 just got my second survey asking if I was still interested in an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Declining my A, hope it goes out to one of ya'll. Best of luck to those still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was in 1/20 and haven't heard back.

If I could give any word of advice, after you've interviewed here, get off of this forum! I was in the exact same spot as many of you last year and seeing what is happening to other people in the cycle will be of ZERO benefit to you. Checking this page daily or even multiple times a day is not helping your self-esteem. Seeing that others have heard back will only dishearten you if you haven't. Be patient, and trust the process.

If you've received the "are you still interested" survey, there is a good chance that you will be getting an interview invite before the cycle is over (I'm not saying 100% but the odds are good).

If you are on the waitlist, High Priority and quartile rankings will come out after interviews are over, very likely not until into April.

People are still getting accepted off of the interview dates which means that there are likely still plenty of spots because usually by now all interviews are for a spot on the alternate list.

Keep your heads up and enjoy the time you have left, you've put in the work, and it is now out of your hands and all you can do is wait and see (it only gets worse when applying to away rotations, residencies, and beyond). That acceptance text message one random afternoon will be so much more fulfilling when you don't expect it!

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone know what the grading scale is like here? Is it true P/F, H/HP/P/F, letter grades, or numerical grades? Any rankings of any kind? Thanks in advance!

Anyone know what the grading scale is like here? Is it true P/F, H/HP/P/F, letter grades, or numerical grades? Any rankings of any kind? Thanks in advance!
Letter grades.

As the person above mentioned, we have letter grades. We are also ranked into quartiles

As the person above mentioned, we have letter grades. We are also ranked into quartiles
Do you find that the ranking and letter grades create unnecessary pressure or hostile learning environments between classmates?

Interviewed 1/20 - Alternate list

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you find that the ranking and letter grades create unnecessary pressure or hostile learning environments between classmates?
Absolutely not! Our class is extremely collaborative. in fact, we collaborate to make a Google doc and anki cards for our finals every block!! We all are friends and there’s no competition whatsoever

Absolutely not! Our class is extremely collaborative. in fact, we collaborate to make a Google doc and anki cards for our finals every block!! We all are friends and there’s no competition whatsoever
You mind if I PM you some questions?

Just got the A!!! Had my session on 1/20.

Reactions: 5 users
Got the acceptance text shortly after 10:00am MST, I’m ecstatic! Group session 1/20.

Can you set up a meeting with DMU and discuss how you can improve your application for next cycle?

Did people who interviewed beginning of this year/those accepted get DMU swag? Saw posts earlier in the cycle say they received goodies in the mail, but I haven't gotten anything yet :(

2/11 session, WL
getting pretty tired of WLs tbh

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
withdrew my accpetance here good lucky everyone !

Reactions: 4 users
Got another continued interest survey around 8pm tonight. Been on Pre-II hold since 9/17.

I did my Kira Assessment today.. didn't feel great to be totally honest. On the written portions, I was mid-sentence when the time ran out... do you all think that's going to hurt me in the end?

I did my Kira Assessment today.. didn't feel great to be totally honest. On the written portions, I was mid-sentence when the time ran out... do you all think that's going to hurt me in the end?
I was accepted and my last sentence on one of them definitely had spelling errors and I didn’t get to complete that sentence

Has anybody on the WL been notified that they are high priority? It looks like people got these emails in February of last cycle.

Also, would a letter of interest be helpful? I don’t have any meaningful updates. I have continued to work as an ED technician (had a few months under my belt upon application, listed projected hours). I am also taking two upper division science classes right now, but grades won’t come out until May.

Last edited:
Did anyone get a full tuition or full cost of attendance scholarship?

Declining my Acceptance. I freaking love DMU. I hope that one of you beautiful people on the alternate list get my spot.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Me neither. Funny how they told us 3 weeks, and it's already double that time xD
I think its 3 weeks from the Q&A interview, not 3 weeks from the personal interview. I've also heard it generally get released on a Monday or Tuesday. I had my Q&A on 2/17 so I'm getting antsy. I think on here someone had theirs a week before mine and got their news on last Tuesday. So I'm really sweating for my news maybe getting released today if it follows that pattern.

Like others, I just received my 2nd “Are you still interested email” at the predictable 3 month interval. Complete 9/21 with interest survey emails 12/21 and 3/21.

Still hoping this implies a potential interview, but it’s more apparent that this is a fairly auto-generated email.

• Care
I think its 3 weeks from the Q&A interview, not 3 weeks from the personal interview. I've also heard it generally get released on a Monday or Tuesday. I had my Q&A on 2/17 so I'm getting antsy. I think on here someone had theirs a week before mine and got their news on last Tuesday. So I'm really sweating for my news maybe getting released today if it follows that pattern.

Yes. We were referring to the Q&A session.

Ouch, guess I should stop checking my email for news every 5 minutes. Hope you have been fairing better with the wait compared to me. I really have no idea when things will get back to us then.
lol i did my group session way later than you (3/4) and i'm ALREADY starting to check my email every 5 min. not looking good... lol

lol i did my group session way later than you (3/4) and i'm ALREADY starting to check my email every 5 min. not looking good... lol
Be careful, the habit will get worse, not better. I go for beach walks to disconnect and I still often check it every 3-4 minutes.

Last edited: