2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they still sending out interviews? Any use in sending an update letter? This is my top-choice school and I'm OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
just got an II 5 min ago, will most likely be declining.

Reactions: 7 users
anyone who received a decision, at approximately what time did u receive your email lol :) also any other 02/16 interviewees waiting on a decision here?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who received a decision, at approximately what time did u receive your email lol :) also any other 02/16 interviewees waiting on a decision here?
lmfaoo I am 2/9 still waiting on my decision. From what i gathered its on Tuesdays, early in the morning. But they haven't sent any out since 2/8 it seems.

Reactions: 1 user
I received mine on a Tuesday at 8:40 in the morning.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now. complete early august. IS/ORM/LM76

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted today. Do they take post II updates? I didn’t ask because I was hoping for an A after my interview. It’s crazy because I felt I did much better during this interview than my other SUNY school :(

• Care
Just got waitlisted today. Do they take post II updates? I didn’t ask because I was hoping for an A after my interview. It’s crazy because I felt I did much better during this interview than my other SUNY school :(
Yes they accept updates, email the admissions email! It's alright, I understand how difficult a WL is!! (sitting on 3 rn!!)

Accepted this morning at 7:45am (interviewed in-person 12/22). Still haven't stopped crying. Good luck to everyone, sending the most positive wishes to anyone waiting on an interview/decision/anyone WL'd. don't give up guys, you really can do it i promise <3

Reactions: 8 users
unexpected II invite this morning! IS! Virtual schedule was for mid-March

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning at 7:45am (interviewed in-person 12/22). Still haven't stopped crying. Good luck to everyone, sending the most positive wishes to anyone waiting on an interview/decision/anyone WL'd. don't give up guys, you really can do it i promise <3
Congrats! Were you on WL?

Doesn’t seem like it! Obv Sdn isn’t the most representative pop, but there hasn’t been a peep from the WL. In the past Buffalo has had some pretty extensive movement, but again who knows! I think the most movement occurs after April 30th, when students commit to one school. Fingers crossed!

Been sitting on the waitlist for a little while now and haven’t heard anything either

Congrats! Were you on WL?
I was not, complete late august. Interview invite January 27th, interviewed in person 02/16 and received the A early Wednesday (02/23) morning. Literally already bought the 2022 MCAT books and renewed my UWORLD subscription in January bc I lost all hope so STAY HOPEFUL!! Good luck ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Where's my WL gang at :dead:, Interviewed IS Sept, WL Nov, just hanging out in purgatory lookin for some friends

• Care
Where's my WL gang at :dead:, Interviewed IS Sept, WL Nov, just hanging out in purgatory lookin for some friends
Right here! Buff is my top choice. Sitting on three WL and no acceptances right now.

• Care
ooo I found friends! how nice lol, hoping april/may is a good month for us. Same Kenykj! 3 WL no A's

Literally same exact situation. Don’t know how much longer I can take it 😖😖😖
One of the students I met said that they got their A at the end of May. I'd love an A but I really hope it won't take until May for them to get back to me 😞

Also here w the UB WL. No love from my alma mater. Interviewed 12/08

• Care
this school notifies you of your interview date like 5 days before the interview date

how do they expect us employees to just take off from work? this is a garbage method theyve been using

this school notifies you of your interview date like 5 days before the interview date

how do they expect us employees to just take off from work? this is a garbage method theyve been using
I made sure to complain about that in the survey they send after the interview.

Also, I actually didn't realize that my interviews were on two separate days: one on at 2pm, the other the next day at 3pm. I just assumed that it was one interview after the other. I clicked on the Zoom link at 3pm for the second interview only to see a message on Zoom stating that I was a day early to my meeting. I had to quickly reach out to and apologize to my boss, who was an angel about it, congratulated me and covered the second half of my shift. I don't understand why they couldn't let us choose a date and/or time for our interviews. Inconsiderate indeed.

I made sure to complain about that in the survey they send after the interview.

Also, I actually didn't realize that my interviews were on two separate days: one on at 2pm, the other the next day at 3pm. I just assumed that it was one interview after the other. I clicked on the Zoom link at 3pm for the second interview only to see a message on Zoom stating that I was a day early to my meeting. I had to quickly reach out to and apologize to my boss, who was an angel about it, congratulated me and covered the second half of my shift. I don't understand why they couldn't let us choose a date and/or time for our interviews. Inconsiderate indeed.
i had one on Friday NIGHT and the other on Monday in the afternoon lol

Idk if they are giving people less time because its later in the cycle but in all fairness, it seems that they provide a small range of dates for the virtual interview and a specific date for in-person. I was given two weeks notice for the virtual and 3 weeks if i wanted to do in person so that helped a bit with the planning. However, they released the exact date and time of the interviews just two days before so overall, I agree and empathize with you that their system is flawed.

I ended up having my first interview on a friday during my lunch break and then the second interview the next day on a saturday. It seems both sides are making sacrifices though.

II just now! I was complete in July I believe. IS!

Reactions: 3 users
Idk if they are giving people less time because its later in the cycle but in all fairness, it seems that they provide a small range of dates for the virtual interview and a specific date for in-person. I was given two weeks notice for the virtual and 3 weeks if i wanted to do in person so that helped a bit with the planning. However, they released the exact date and time of the interviews just two days before so overall, I agree and empathize with you that their system is flawed.

I ended up having my first interview on a friday during my lunch break and then the second interview the next day on a saturday. It seems both sides are making sacrifices though.
yes, not only do applicants find out very late, but also even the interviewers i assume. adcom just isnt helping anyone at the point besides themselves. luckily im fortunate with my boss that i can take off whenever, but others are not as fortunate

II this morning. LMS 73.7 OOS, Complete early August. Just had a few questions for those who interviewed lol.
I was given the option of an in-person or virtual interview, which one did you guys do?
Also is this interview traditional? if so open or closed file?
And it seems from the email that its multiple interviews? Do you guys know who they are with ( med students, faculty, etc.)?

Really wasn't expecting this but really thankful.

• Love
II this morning. LMS 73.7 OOS, Complete early August. Just had a few questions for those who interviewed lol.
I was given the option of an in-person or virtual interview, which one did you guys do?
And it seems from the email that its multiple interviews? Do you guys know who they are with ( med students, faculty, etc.)?

virtual, open, faculty and then med student

In-person, highly recommend doing it in-person. Open, but they can't see your GPA/MCAT scores, just extracurriculars/activities/personal statement. I had an M2 & faculty member (each lasted 40min-1hr), they said your interviewers are randomly assigned but you're guaranteed at least one interviewer will be a faculty member (I know some people actually had 2 faculty members). You're given lunch upon arrival which helps a lot with the nerves, gives you a little time to calm down & munch which is nice. Max interview time is 1hr, and they're back to back. Then you have about an hour/hour n a half tour which is guided by a couple students that are super nice & cool/not on the admissions committee. Good luck, be yourself and have fun!!! <3

• Care
In-person, highly recommend doing it in-person. Open, but they can't see your GPA/MCAT scores, just extracurriculars/activities/personal statement. I had an M2 & faculty member (each lasted 40min-1hr), they said your interviewers are randomly assigned but you're guaranteed at least one interviewer will be a faculty member (I know some people actually had 2 faculty members). You're given lunch upon arrival which helps a lot with the nerves, gives you a little time to calm down & munch which is nice. Max interview time is 1hr, and they're back to back. Then you have about an hour/hour n a half tour which is guided by a couple students that are super nice & cool/not on the admissions committee. Good luck, be yourself and have fun!!! <3
Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it

Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it
they can also see the schools you attended. Not the classes or grades, but the schools. Both my interviewers asked why I went to 3 different community colleges...I took one class at each for a certification program, but they didnt know that beforehand because they couldnt see the classes, or the amount of classes I took.

Does anyone know when we might hear back about scholarships or financial aid?

Does anyone know any current first year students here who might be able to talk about what the class schedule for first year is like? I found a curriculum online of the classes we’ll be taking but I’m looking for the times we’re required to be on campus.

From what I've heard, since
Does anyone know any current first year students here who might be able to talk about what the class schedule for first year is like? I found a curriculum online of the classes we’ll be taking but I’m looking for the times we’re required to be on campus.

1st semester pretty sure we just take Anatomy & Fundamentals of Biochem. I think the only true on campus attendance requirement is Anatomy Lab (which I imagine is at least 3x a week) and exams. Aside from that, from what I've heard COVID really transitioned everything to be pretty flexible. One of my friends is an M1 and they said essentially all lectures are recorded, you have the option to attend in person (think it's more of a consideration thing for professors), but you have the option to watch the recordings & keep up with everything at your own pace (again, aside from Anatomy Lab) - which i think they're also working on granting M1s 24/7 access to the cadaver lab which would be cool.