2020 PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSmith2019

Reaction score
Hello, has anyone taken the 2020 January PCAT, if so, how was it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah man. I messed up the biology with 59!
Chem 88
Math 82
Critical reading 76
Bio 59!

i am gonna apply to bunch of schools which ever tired of this !

Yeah man. I messed up the biology with 59!
Chem 88
Math 82
Critical reading 76
Bio 59!

i am gonna apply to bunch of schools which ever tired of this !
Actually looks really good to me...were there some things that stood out on the test...how did you study?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually looks really good to me...were there some things that stood out on the test...how did you study?
I used the Dr.collins 2018. Chem was really helpful. I had few questions exactly same from colins in the pcat. But bio section is really brief in package so I dont recommend Colins. I think i am gonna retake it. I have a 3.1 gpa and wanna apply to umb. so I dont have any chance of acceptance. Retake is the best option before march first deadline!

How did you do?

Oka
I used the Dr.collins 2018. Chem was really helpful. I had few questions exactly same from colins in the pcat. But bio section is really brief in package so I dont recommend Colins. I think i am gonna retake it. I have a 3.1 gpa and wanna apply to umb. so I dont have any chance of acceptance. Retake is the best option before march first deadline!

How did you do?
Okay, good to know. I’ll be taking it next month.

Hi, im currently from Puerto Rico. I was a P1 student in ETSU, but I had to go back to Puerto Rico, due a medical condition the first month I started the P1. The first time I took the PCAT I scored a very low PCAT 5% composite. The second time this was my PCAT scores:

Chemistry: 82%
Quantitative Reasoning (Math): 82%
Biology: 63%
Critical Reading: 11% (English is not my first Language)
Composite: 58%

Biology B.S GPA: 3.76 (PharmCAS calculate)
Associate degree in pharmacy GPA: 3.97

Experience like pharmacy technician in pharmacy of Veterans affairs Hospital.
Papers
ACS member
Be the match member
Researchs
A great essay

I applied to NSU Puerto Rico Campus but I’m afraid, because I applied on January and I did not receive any call yet. I talked with friends in NSU and they told me NSU PR campus take MONTHS to call the candidates. And when I call them they told me “Your application is under review” and I applied in January 21.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your time

why are you guys still taking Pcat? most schools don't require Pcat anymore. I'm premed and I'm thinking about pharmacy school too.

Reactions: 1 user
why are you guys still taking Pcat? most schools don't require Pcat anymore. I'm premed and I'm thinking about pharmacy school too.
As it has been consistently mentioned if you have the grades for premed it may be best to go the MD/PA route due to saturation and poor job prospects in pharmacy.

As it has been consistently mentioned if you have the grades for premed it may be best to go the MD/PA route due to saturation and poor job prospects in pharmacy.
yeah, I am not going to apply to pharmacy school anymore.

yeah, I am not going to apply to pharmacy school anymore.

I would say it is possible to still go to pharmacy school and be an amazing pharmacist with a good job one day if you network, work during school, and get a residency/fellowship but maybe think about your decision carefully and keep pharmacy as your fallback option if all else fails