2020-2021 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ii received this morning, IS ORM applicant

Complete: 8/27
LM: 77
Dates available: 12/4, 12/11, 12/18

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have interview invites for people who were complete in August already been sent out? Has Long moved on to september now ?

I was complete August 13 and was invited to interview on October 29, if it helps answer your question. Am IS, ORM, LM 77 for reference. So keep the faith!

edit: incidentally, my interview is next week. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I was complete August 13 and was invited to interview on October 29, if it helps answer your question. Am IS, ORM, LM 77 for reference. So keep the faith!

edit: incidentally, my interview is next week. Any tips?

This is the first school I interviewed at this cycle, and I was nervous, but don't be! From what I have heard from other applicants (and from my interview day) the interviews are low-stress and very conversational. You'll be fine.

Anybody know the class size? I cant find it anywhere online

II today at noon!
515 MCAT, 3.71 uGPA, 4.0 gGPA, ORM, Tx resident. This is my 6th II overall and 3rd at a UT school. I'm excited although I don't know much about Long other than its reputation (strong). I prematched at UTMB and not sure if I'd pick Long over them, but can't wait to learn more. I'm also a reapplicant.

There were only 3 dates available; 1/8, 1/15 and 1/22

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted roughly 30 mins ago! Interviewed in late august, IS, URM, LM 70.5!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Also pre-matched! Interviewed 8/14. It was sent via email.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Prematch!!! Interviewed 8/14!!

Reactions: 9 users
Prematched! Interviewed 8/14, so exciting!! Congrats to everyone :)

Reactions: 6 users
Prematch via email! Interviewed 8/21, IS ORM LM 77.9- Congrats to everyone who got that A today and good luck to the rest!

I’m really surprised with long prematches. Despite stating that they are not a prematch heavy school, they are prematching more than other schools *ahem McGovern, foster, dell, utrgv *

Copped the prematch!

It's been a LONG road.

I have LONGED for this day.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Have an interview coming up, any tips would be grateful??

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted this morning by email!!! OOS, Interviewed 10/16.

Have an interview coming up, any tips would be grateful??
I honestly enjoyed my interview. Just be yourself, really, and don't stress yourself out about it. They try to make it a fun day, I think, and both of the interviewers I had were so kind and personable. It's really just a conversation to help them get to know you better.

Reactions: 3 users
Need some advice for where/how to send a letter of interest/intent as an Out of State student not participating in the Texas Match!

Need some advice for where/how to send a letter of interest/intent as an Out of State student not participating in the Texas Match!
Hey! I'm an MS2 here and I'd recommend sending your LOI to the adcom email: [email protected]

I'm also OOS and happy to answer any questions you have about the process. Feel free to DM me! :)

Is attending the Q/A important if you haven't heard back, or does it not really matter?

Is attending the Q/A important if you haven't heard back, or does it not really matter?
It has 0 factor into if you get match! Its just to get more info to see if u have questions

Hey! I'm an MS2 here and I'd recommend sending your LOI to the adcom email: [email protected]

I'm also OOS and happy to answer any questions you have about the process. Feel free to DM me! :)
When is a good time to send a letter of intent? ( I am also out of state) My interview was early november!

I’ve seen some prematches... if we’re OOS and interviewed, is it bad that we have not prematched? As asked above, should we send a letter of intent?

Prematch is only for in state applicants !
I guess I misspoke, I don’t mean prematch but if we haven’t gotten an acceptance. I’m pretty sure some OOS students have gotten the A already?

I guess I misspoke, I don’t mean prematch but if we haven’t gotten an acceptance. I’m pretty sure some OOS students have gotten the A already?
Some OOS got early acceptances, but most OOS hear back in March-ish. Like they said at the interview day, Long is not pre-match/early-acceptance heavy so I wouldn't get too stressed yet!

Yep, if you prematched or got an OOS acceptance it means you're a baller that Long really loved, but unfortunately the vast majority of people who come here will have to wait until Match day to find out. It's a marathon, not a sprint

I’m in state, wondering if there’s still hope for me to receive an II or is it kinda late?

I’m in state, wondering if there’s still hope for me to receive an II or is it kinda late?
The last interview date is 2/19, so it would seem like there is time to get interviews between now and then.

The last interview date is 2/19, so it would seem like there is time to get interviews between now and then.
Just to add on, I think theyve only scheduled into mid-January, so still plenty of spots! Goodluck : )

Has anyone who had an early November interview heard anything yet, or do we think they're done sending prematch offers?

Hey guys! Im an MS1 at Long who just finished my first semester. I was an OOS applicant and happy to answer any questions regarding my experience so far :).