2020-2021 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed March 18
When did you get notified of your waitlist status? And was it via phone or the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When did you get notified of your waitlist status? And was it via phone or the portal?
HPWL March 19th via phone, the official email came about a week later. Then two weeks later an additional email with the "Guaranteed seat next year if we can't fit you in for the Fall" message. Accepted Friday over the phone

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HPWL March 19th via phone, the official email came about a week later. Then two weeks later an additional email with the "Guaranteed seat next year if we can't fit you in for the Fall" message. Accepted Friday over the phone
Can you please tell us your stats and if you submitted a Letter of Intent

Did anyone else that interviewed on 3/18 hear back yet?

Just got placed on HPWL! What's the likelihood of being able to start this year?

Reactions: 1 users
Was notified that I was placed on the alternate list yesterday. Does anyone know if Rowan typically gets to the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I interviewed on March 18th. Looking on this forum it seems like barely anyone posts that they are on the alternate list so I'm pretty nervous
I was put on the alternate list back in Jan!

I had a meeting with Dean Watkins today and she said there has been little movement so far. Right now they are still interviewing up until the 1st or 2nd week of may of both the HPWL and alternate lists are being made. Once they finish interview, and 5/15 rolls around there will be more movement....at least thats what i've gathered

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone else not heard back after submitting the secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Did you just send them an update? and what's the last interview date if you don't mind?
I did send an update both by email and in the portal. There were only 2 dates in early May.

Reactions: 1 user
hoping people give up A's + WL spots starting today!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I will be dropping my acceptance here in a few days, so don't drop off the WL just yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else on the HPWL not received a letter guaranteeing them a seat for next year?

Just got accepted off the HPWL!! Could actually cry right now.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my acceptance, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Did everyone who sent an LOI receive confirmation of receipt? I sent one in, and uploaded one to the portal, but haven’t received any confirmation that they got it. I’m sure they’re busy but I just want to make sure.

Pre-II R. Least favorite rejection thus far. What's the point of saying I'm a strong applicant but still be rejected lol

For consistency.
Pre-II R
secondary sent July 10
Complete July 21

Gluck everyone!

Has everyone gotten a Pre-II R at this point who hasnt interviewed?

also a bit insulted that it took them until quite literally the day after the next cycle began LOL.
yeah, applicants usually are haha. The reason they do it is that they can never know how many students are going to drop their acceptances even until the last day. IE they might send you an II or acceptance.

• Haha
I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However, I just got accepted to another school that I prefer.
Do I email admissions to let them know that I am withdrawing my acceptance? I just dont know if there is a proper way of doing this or a section on the portal to easily withdraw.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!

I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However, I just got accepted to another school that I prefer.
Do I email admissions to let them know that I am withdrawing my acceptance? I just dont know if there is a proper way of doing this or a section on the portal to easily withdraw.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!
No, Rowan does not have a withdrawal button on the portal. You have to email the admission office.

Recently got in off the HPWL but will be withdrawing. Hope it goes to one of you!!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just for record keeping + our knowledge:

Like this post if you're still on the HPWL