2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they’re done interviewing or when the last week is
I know that they’re still offering interviews through April, but not sure when it will end. I’m curious about that too

Members don't see this ad.

I believe Nova offers a limited amount of COMSAE attempts before you’re dropped from medical school? How many attempts is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Nova offers a limited amount of COMSAE attempts before you’re dropped from medical school? How many attempts is that?
And also how many COMLEX attempts are allowed per COMLEX exam?
I think 3 for both but I’m so far removed from that I’m not 100% sure. Hopefully an M2 or M3 also answers.

Today is the day committee meets for all of my fellow 4/1 interviewees! Best of luck! Hoping to hear back soon.

i thought the admissions committee meets in the end of month which is April 27th next week.
No. They said the committee meets the 20th and then the dean will “sign off” and approve them within a couple days and decisions should come out early next week.

Is the class getting full/ already full? When should be most of WL movement? This is one of my 4 WL schools and I’m starting to think about Caribbean schools now. 🤔

Just putting it out into the universe, MY GIRLFRIEND WILL GET HER ACCEPTANCE NEXT WEEK!!! 🙏🏾❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 4/1 WL just now.
That interview was dang good! surprised and disappointed but grateful for the experience. Would have loved this school!

I interviewed on 3/4 and these mofos waited 3-4 extra weeks to put me on the alternate list lol 😂

Anyone knows if Nova offers feedback for those who didn’t get accepted?
Also, do they send rejections pre-II? I didn’t get an II but also never received a rejection letter so I’m not really sure what happened

Hi all. Was fortunate enough to be accepted to both VCOM-CC and NSU-Davie.

Average indebtedness of VCOM is 220k, while Nova is ~300k. Reading through this thread about nova also makes me nervous to accept their offer.

Caveat is that NSU is only 45 min from very supportive parents, while VCOM-CC is 3 states away.

Any input on the better choice here?

Hi all. Was fortunate enough to be accepted to both VCOM-CC and NSU-Davie.

Average indebtedness of VCOM is 220k, while Nova is ~300k. Reading through this thread about nova also makes me nervous to accept their offer.

Caveat is that NSU is only 45 min from very supportive parents, while VCOM-CC is 3 states away.

Any input on the better choice here?

The following is the honest and frank opinion of a current student at kpcom that chose it for proximity to family, go to VCOM. 1. The curriculum is not new, it is simply restructured, same old lectures are being taught and there is little emphasize on board related material (with the exception of a couple of professors, but not enough to matter) 2. Not enough rotation sites and established rotations sites keep dropping Nova 3. Amazing professors that care, but are told to stop caring by administration. 4. Some deans are really petty and have no problem being so in front of other students, so I am not surprised if the post you mentioned is true 5. Not worth the 60K a year (our whole class literally discovered this within the 1st month of starting med school and we were not happy) 6. You are constantly being threatened to be sent to student progress, for like anything, even for submitting a complaint/concern to the accreditation body that Nova does not agree with.

Trust me, you may be away from your family for 4 years, but that to me is worth it!

Last edited:
The following is the honest and frank opinion of a current student at kpcom that chose it for proximity to family, go to VCOM. 1. The curriculum is not new, it is simply restructured, same old lectures are being taught and there is little emphasize on board related material (with the exception of a couple of professors, but not enough to matter) 2. Not enough rotation sites and established rotations sites keep dropping Nova 3. Amazing professors that care, but are told to stop caring by administration. 4. Some deans are really petty and have no problem being so in front of other students, so I am not surprised if the post you mentioned is true 5. Not worth the 60K a year (our whole class literally discovered this within the 1st month of starting med school and we were not happy) 6. You are constantly being threatened to be sent to student progress, for like anything, even for submitting a complaint/concern to the accreditation body that Nova does not agree with.

Trust me, you may be away from your family for 4 years, but that to me is worth it!
Thank you for your frank honesty!!

I wish you nothing but success in your remaining time at NSU.

Hey guys, I’m an incoming M1 for the Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus. I’ve seen a few negative posts about Nova on here so I just wanted to say something. Before you ultimately decide which school to attend, it’s logical to seek other people’s opinions and experiences to help shape your decision. However, once you’re committed to attending, I think it’s important to keep a positive mindset and be an ambassador for your school. I’m a very non traditional student and have plenty of life experiences, so I know mindset can elevate any situation. I realize professors and administrators can heavily influence someone’s personal experience at a school, but what ultimately makes a school successful or unsuccessful is the student body. If you’re going to be part of the 2025 class at Nova, let’s elevate each other and our school. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 7 users

What do you mean by the whole class discovered this within the first month of starting school?

Can you give examples of the deans being petty?

Can some current students comment on the quality of rotations? Is there a ward-based rotation? Also does the curriculum prepare students well for boards? Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for your insights! They said on the FA handout that the estimated COA for OOS is 110k per year, which is crazy. Do you know what’s the actual COA for most students?

Did anyone who sent a letter of intent get any sort of confirmation after?

Can any current students give any insight on how well NSU matched this year? Match rate and the match list would be greatly appreciated.

Did you send it to the admitdocs email? Because I just got like an automated response saying it’ll take 24 hours to process
I sent it to Jousef and Jermilla, which maybe I wasn't supposed to do, but Jousef responded to me after a few days saying it was added to my file!

Can some current students comment on the quality of rotations? Is there a ward-based rotation? Also does the curriculum prepare students well for boards? Thanks in advance!!

Like many DO schools the quality of rotations is dependent on the core site you are given. You will not get the typical MD experience of a large academic teaching hospital, but some of my classmates were happy with their 3rd year experience and most sites have at least one or two rotations with residents. The more concerning issue, however, is that the school added 150 new students without any real plan for where they will rotate. The competition for sites in Florida is competitive and Nova has been losing ground recently. My suspicion is they will have to add more out of state rotations and further decrease the quality of rotations. The curriculum is not boards focused, but because lectures are optional it gives you a fair amount of time to study for boards independently. I am happy with my match and thankful for the opportunity to become a physician, but I really felt like I was getting ripped off attending school at Nova.

Reactions: 3 users
Can any current students give any insight on how well NSU matched this year? Match rate and the match list would be greatly appreciated.
Match looks to be similar to previous years. A few derm, a few ortho, and some other pretty impressive matches. Lots of gen surg for some reason also. Most common matches were community IM and FM. Take match lists with a grain of salt though because many people choose less impressive specialties/programs because of personal reasons/interest. I know a few people from the top of the class who matched at relatively uncompetitive programs by choice. Also the people with impressive matches accomplished that through their own hard work. The school does not provide any special resources for getting high board scores or publishing research.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any other accepted students received their financial aid package here?

Also disappointed to read about the negative comments about the school, but I thought it was my best option as I am still on the WL at my state school. I am one who believes hard work can overcome any situation and being resourceful with what is available will help you achieve your goals in the end. I am sure there are plenty of students that have mostly enjoyed their overall experience here. In the end, it is a privilege.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any other accepted students received their financial aid package here?

Also disappointed to read about the negative comments about the school, but I thought it was my best option as I am still on the WL at my state school. I am one who believes hard work can overcome any situation and being resourceful with what is available will help you achieve your goals in the end. I am sure there are plenty of students that have mostly enjoyed their overall experience here. In the end, it is a privilege.
Same here. I felt the same way after reading some of the comments. But I was so excited to get the A that we just need to go in with an open mind.

Can any current student talk about the experience of rotating at one of the Tampa Bay locations?

Withdrew my A. Hope one of you here gets it. Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users