2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think that April interviews are just for waitlist positions??

Members don't see this ad.

Overall, I had a good experience but my interview was definitely not perfect. I fumbled my words here and there and definitely talked a bit too much at certain points. However, the interviewers were very kind and responsive and two weeks later I got accepted! So definitely just be yourself, let the conversation flow, and have some solid questions prepared because you have around 10 minutes to ask. Also, review the ethical questions that people have submitted on the CCOM SDN because I had one from there and you will most likely get one.

Thank you so much! How many questions did they ask and how many minutes did you have to answer them? Did they give you the questions beforehand or as you go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say it would probably be a WL or why do you think that?
I was just assuming based off all the previous posts. April 30th is the MD deposit deadline though so maybe we will have some acceptances from the April interview

Hi guys! I just relinquished my seat here. It was a very difficult decision, as this was one of the first schools to interview and accept me, and the first I really fell in love with, but I got into a state MD program I really love which is much cheaper. I hope one of you gets this seat and gets to become an absolutely amazing physician here! Your program looks phenomenal!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
for people that interviewed this week, does anyone know when we'll hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Did you notice any changes in your portal before or after receiving the A?
Logged on for the first time today to check the portal after getting the call, and it was already updated

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 4/13 and I see prerequisites. So if you don’t see those, then it’s probably good news soon!

Interviewed 4/13 and I see prerequisites. So if you don’t see those, then it’s probably good news soon!
I see prereqs too but mine never disappeared in the first place. They have always been there.

Last edited:
There it is, waitlisted and interviewed 4/12 on a Monday. My friend interviewed the same day and was accepted though!

I have a question about pre-reqs and waitlist... if I’m missing pre-reqs should I take the pre-req over the summer at a community college? With the hopes of getting off the waitlist?? I didn’t realize how “required” the requisites are.

I want to say yes to WL movement because I believe they interview significantly less than other DO schools especially.

Interviewed in December, got off the waitlist yesterday. Will not be taking the seat, hope one of you get it!

Reactions: 1 users
Going to withdraw my A from here, hope it goes to one of you all!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my A, best of luck to those on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For everyone getting off the WL now or in the recent past, would you mind sharing the date of your interview as well?

Does anybody happen to know how they determine who to call off the waitlist? Is it by the date you interviewed? Or stats based?

Accepted! Interviewed 4/13, WL 4/26

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Would you mind sharing your stats as well? I interviewed on the same day and was also put on the waitlist :(
3.5 cgpa, 3.3.science, 511. I just finished another semester of classes though and sent them my transcripts last friday, so that may have something to do with it!

Will be withdrawing my waitlist spot. Got an instate MD acceptance today!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And, historically, how many get accepted off the WL?

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist? And, historically, how many get accepted off the WL?
The number of people on the waitlist seems to be unknown. Midwestern usually has a decent amount of WL movement but it varies from cycle to cycle.

Seems like WL movement is coming soon based on todays email asking people for updates or to withdraw if no longer interested..