2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite today, completed secondary 9/15/2020. Probably going to turn it down because I got into ATSU-KCOM and am still crossing my fingers to get off a waitlist at UNECOM. Hope it goes to one of you fine folks instead <3

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have two questions for current OMS1s. Is in person mandatory and did y'all have to get private loans?

I have two questions for current OMS1s. Is in person mandatory and did y'all have to get private loans?
So not an OMS1, but during my interview others in my group had lots of questions like this. Yes, in person is mandatory. Obviously they are working around that with COVID, but they plan to return to in person being mandatory as soon as they are able to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here coming up soon! Does anyone have any advice about how to best prepare? Any questions you weren't expecting? Interviews always make me so nervous haha. Also, do they send you the names of your interviewers before the interview?

I have an interview here coming up soon! Does anyone have any advice about how to best prepare? Any questions you weren't expecting? Interviews always make me so nervous haha. Also, do they send you the names of your interviewers before the interview?
They sent me names of interviewers prior to the interview, it came just a couple days before the actual interview. However, one of my interviewers changed last minute.

Did you ever get a secondary yet? I'm still waiting on one.. lmao..
nope it is dead silence. no response to my email either. i'm nervous. i know i did lowkey mention that I really want to be in the virginia campus (since it is now pretty much full) but i don't think me saying it should matter until i write it in my secondary.

I will reach out again soon tho and update y'all! Anyone else waiting for secondaries?

Also, anyone looking into their masters program at the blacksburg location? i'm really considering it but not sure whether there is a decent chance of acceptance after completing the program...

i'm still waiting on a secondary. i know the Virginia campus is pretty much full even though that is where i really wanted to be, but what are the chances for the other campuses?

and anyone looking into the masters program for the fall?

I would be able to answer the basics why DO and why vcom. Other than that it was a very casual conversation and super easy going don’t be worried! Also be ready to answer questions about things you put on your application, because it is open file.

I would be able to answer the basics why DO and why vcom. Other than that it was a very casual conversation and super easy going don’t be worried! Also be ready to answer questions about things you put on your application, because it is open file.
thank you!!!

Hey,
No need for private loans, fasfa covers tuition with first loan, and you can get plus loan for expenses if needed both are federal loans.
lectures mostly recorded and are not mandatory. Omm lecs and Labs are mandatory to attend.

if accepted, do you only get a phone call and not an email? Im worried I might miss the call if just a phone call haha.

I just got out the interview and they say it’s a call and they send a packet in the mail. They also email the packet. I think they’ll leave you a voicemail but I’m unsure :) good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
if accepted, do you only get a phone call and not an email? Im worried I might miss the call if just a phone call haha.
I missed two calls from them because I was asleep but I called them back and they answered and told me I was accepted so don’t worry! I also got an email a few hours later.

I just got out the interview and they say it’s a call and they send a packet in the mail. They also email the packet. I think they’ll leave you a voicemail but I’m unsure :) good luck !
Did they tell you when you could expect to hear back? I was told the admissions committee meets every other week and they met the week of Jan 18th. However, I haven’t heard anything since my interview on Jan27th. Maybe tomorrow will be the day haha. I hope your interview went well!

Last edited:
Did they tell you when you could expect to hear back? I was told the admissions committee meets every other week and they met the week of Jan 18th. However, I haven’t heard anything since my interview on Jan27th. Maybe tomorrow will be the day haha. I hope your interview went well!
They said we would hear back “within a week” because they have another meeting coming up soon

Just wanna update y’all ! Just got the call ~

Just got the call! Accepted!

Interviewed Jan 27

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well!! Do we have some sort of page/group chat for those planning to accept their spot?

interviewed Jan27th

Last edited:
What are some good apartments near campus?
I think someone else answered this if you scroll back !! They said “the reserve, the evangeline townhomes, and park place are some good ones.”

Just got the call! Im so excited

Also said that they are giving tours to accepted students this saturday!!!

Are they continuing to make calls throughout the day or should those that are accepted have received a call already?

I guess they are making calls throughout the day because I jus got the call!

Reactions: 3 users
I applied here very very late. Does anyone know how far along they are in they cycle, ie; is their class full? If I get an interview - would it only be for WL?

Thanks in advance!

I think someone else answered this if you scroll back !! They said “the reserve, the evangeline townhomes, and park place are some good ones.”
Yess! Pinnacle is good too, just thought of those!

Has anyone been rejected from VCOM Louisiana post interview? Or waitlisted? I haven't seen any posts yet about that

I applied here very very late. Does anyone know how far along they are in they cycle, ie; is their class full? If I get an interview - would it only be for WL?

Thanks in advance!
I don’t know specific stats but during my interview they said the class is not full yet and that they usually go into March.

Hello fellow posters,

I am a current OMS1 at the Louisiana campus who will be happy to field any campus specific questions.
Hi,
Could you elaborate on the curriculum? Is it mostly lecture-based? Are there small-group learning sessions as well? How often do students attend lab?

Hi,
Could you elaborate on the curriculum? Is it mostly lecture-based? Are there small-group learning sessions as well? How often do students attend lab?
Mostly lecture based with weekly OMIM (all blocks) and cadaver labs (Blocks 2-5). Some small group learning activities and some case based learning activities. Students attend lab at least weekly most weeks, if not multiple times per week depending on the exact schedule.

Did anybody with a sub 495 MCAT get an interview here?

OMS1 question: anyone had any experiences living at Ryan’s Manor? Trying to figure out my living situation!

If anyone has questions regarding living situations or looking for roommates, dont hesitate to reach out :)

I know it’s early, but if/when someone who interviewed the week of (or after) February 23 gets accepted, feel free to respond to this - that’s when I interviewed

I know it’s early, but if/when someone who interviewed the week of (or after) February 23 gets accepted, feel free to respond to this - that’s when I interviewed
Update: accepted today! Interviewed on 2/23

Received II today, excited about this opportunity.

I sent a primary here on 10/7 and never received a secondary but have been sending them updates. Today they said my app is in the screening process and they will let me know soon. I’m assuming it’s a rejection considering I haven’t gotten a secondary this late in the cycle?