2019-2020 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn’t have any questions for them, but still received a ‘Thanks for your confirmation’ email.
I emailed the admissions office a week ago and received a response yesterday. I guess they need extra time because it's an interview season!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here in Interview Group 1 on Monday the 14th?

Are there any current students on here or peeps gonna interview on Oct 14th? Really hoping to get a dinner reservation at Jiu Gong Ge if anyone is interested!
Got interview invitation for Oct 14 and planned to attend. I am a Chinese student and I would personally recommend Hai Di Lao for traditional Chinese hot pot. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here in Interview Group 1 on Monday the 14th?
I am! Currently pestering my loved ones to do a mock interview with me don't know how it helps but here's to prep for Mon:D

Any idea how many applicants will be turning up?

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Got interview invitation for Oct 14 and planned to attend. I am a Chinese student and I would personally recommend Hai Di Lao for traditional Chinese hot pot. Good luck everyone!
Hahah funny you should say that! I’m coming from Alaska, but I’ve got my eyes on Jiu Gong Ge for hot pot!

As someone from China, I would definitely recommend Hai Di Lao as well if they have that in Singapore haha!

I am! Currently pestering my loved ones to do a mock interview with me don't know how it helps but here's to prep for Mon:D

Any idea how many applicants will be turning up?

Good luck!

There were 13 applicants at the one I went to

I've been trying to PM you but I can't. Is it ok if you send a message on your side?
They’re not letting me send a message o_O
I fiddled with some of the privacy settings for my account, maybe you could try again? It should work now.

I've been trying to PM you but I can't. Is it ok if you send a message on your side?
Are you gonna be there October 14th? If so, please PM me, too! I am already en route (flying from far far away)!

Does Duke-NUS publicize how many interviews they grant vs how many acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)

I am in gp 2 and I am from Hong Kong.
Does anyone has any idea abt what r we going to do in the written exercise part?

I am in gp 2 and I am from Hong Kong.
Does anyone has any idea abt what r we going to do in the written exercise part?

Can't tell u the details. But it doesn't need prior prep. Don't worry about it.
:)

Hey there Singaporean Applicants!

Cyberdoc and I are getting together tonight for a little dinner / meet and greet in Chinatown. Would any of you like to join us?

Nice to meet you guys. Today interview is definitely not easy. Keep in touch and hope we all get in
@Cyberdoc2077 and @Aktak

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So I got really sick last night after the interviews. I went home and passed out between 7 and 7:30. So, I missed hot pot. I made up for it today though. It was just me all alone, but I crushed it! If I get in with any of ya, this needs to be an event on the regular!

AE0D69CF-447D-4FDC-ACDA-6A3DABA80CFA.jpeg
If I

Attachments

• 9139C2A5-FAE9-4E1A-AF2E-4E190D789BC1.jpeg
    9139C2A5-FAE9-4E1A-AF2E-4E190D789BC1.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 96
  • FEBCA7C4-7AA7-456F-9741-46FDEDBB123B.jpeg
    FEBCA7C4-7AA7-456F-9741-46FDEDBB123B.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 84
  • BCB87C10-F3E2-4372-B3AD-A723DF7954C2.jpeg
    BCB87C10-F3E2-4372-B3AD-A723DF7954C2.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 76B14603-2CBD-4342-9D00-2B51872AD207.jpeg
    76B14603-2CBD-4342-9D00-2B51872AD207.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 86
  • EFFDC830-1F5C-4591-9EF6-C4A1A126A47E.jpeg
    EFFDC830-1F5C-4591-9EF6-C4A1A126A47E.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 88
  • EDF1E558-F23F-4EBB-86EE-DF219DB48409.jpeg
    EDF1E558-F23F-4EBB-86EE-DF219DB48409.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 040F645F-A13A-4D1E-A833-E690D4D92A3D.jpeg
    040F645F-A13A-4D1E-A833-E690D4D92A3D.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 7ED04BCB-E398-4D70-91B4-57423327E6AC.jpeg
    7ED04BCB-E398-4D70-91B4-57423327E6AC.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 86
  • E2D57043-001C-47A6-9935-7DC7FFD09EC3.jpeg
    E2D57043-001C-47A6-9935-7DC7FFD09EC3.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 85
So I got really sick last night after the interviews. I went home and passed out between 7 and 7:30. So, I missed hot pot. I made up for it today though. It was just me all alone, but I crushed it! If I get in with any of ya, this needs to be an event on the regular!

View attachment 283368If I
Oh wowwww
What a spread!

Oh wowwww
What a spread!
Lol it's okay to be jealous of the food! I thought the weather would help me lose weight but maybe the delicious food will have the opposite effect! Nooooooo!

Lol it's okay to be jealous of the food! I thought the weather would help me lose weight but maybe the delicious food will have the opposite effect! Nooooooo!

Lol. Ya. Loads of good food in Singapore. You can get them around the clock, and just across the road. Very hard to resist.

Anyone going to the Nov.16th Applicant Day in North Carolina?

People who went to the first applicant day, have you heard anything back yet?

I thought the waiting will be easier this time, since it’s my second try. But nope, I feel just as stressed as the first time.:pigeon:

For those of you going to North Carolina, have you ever been to Singapore or the Singapore campus?

I thought the waiting will be easier this time, since it’s my second try. But nope, I feel just as stressed as the first time.:pigeon:
Pain is just transient, but glory lasts forever. So, hang in there!

For those of you going to North Carolina, have you ever been to Singapore or the Singapore campus?

Well... I am afraid of getting that kind of questions during my interview :) I was in Singapore like 10 years ago! You think this answer would help :) ?

Pain is just transient, but glory lasts forever. So, hang in there!

Well... I am afraid of getting that kind of questions during my interview :) I was in Singapore like 10 years ago! You think this answer would help :) ?
Yeah def. if you’re already familiar then no need to make the trip if they will come to you instead!

Not yet. I think earliest will be two months after applicant day.

Don’t worry. If we heard anything, I’m sure people will start posting. :)

All the best.

How’s everyone hangin’ in there? Thread got quiet!

I submitted my MCAT scores on the 10th of October and received an invite to the 11th of November applicant day today :) Anyone else attending?

Reactions: 4 users
How’s everyone hangin’ in there? Thread got quiet!
Work has been busy. Didn’t really have time to get nervous about anything really. :)

This thread is indeed quieter than last year’s thread.

Probs silly, but I wish our applicant group could’ve gotten a group photo! I thought we hit it off famously!

I submitted my MCAT scores on the 10th of October and received an invite to the 11th of November applicant day today :) Anyone else attending?
All the best!!!
Probs silly, but I wish our applicant group could’ve gotten a group photo! I thought we hit it off famously!
We could make up for that someday.... with a spicy hotpot reunion:rofl:

Hi,

wondering did any of the Nov 15 people receive the email about TeamLead Topic yet? Thanks.

Hi,

wondering did any of the Nov 15 people receive the email about TeamLead Topic yet? Thanks.
The people from my Applicant Group said they received the topic email very soon after they emailed to confirm they were attending the Applicant Day. If you start getting close, I’d say be proactive and reach out because myself and one other applicant had never received the material as of our Applicant Day.

The people from my Applicant Group said they received the topic email very soon after they emailed to confirm they were attending the Applicant Day. If you start getting close, I’d say be proactive and reach out because myself and one other applicant had never received the material as of our Applicant Day.

???!!!

Did you guys have to speed read the articles right before the activity?

???!!!

Did you guys have to speed read the articles right before the activity?
I was fortunate enough to meet up with others from my applicant day the night before and someone shared the topic / paper with me, so I had an evening to read it. Another girl wasn’t so lucky to get the info ahead of time. So, I’d say if it gets within a week of your applicant day, shoot them a quick email and ask.

Oooh we’re supposed to start hearing decisions in November right?

Good luck everyone!

I was fortunate enough to meet up with others from my applicant day the night before and someone shared the topic / paper with me, so I had an evening to read it. Another girl wasn’t so lucky to get the info ahead of time. So, I’d say if it gets within a week of your applicant day, shoot them a quick email and ask.
Imagine having to speed read the article right before the activity :sick:

I think the first wave of decisions are for the September applicant day people, but I might be wrong. Good luck to you and everyone else!

I

Good luck everyone!
Yes. Gosh... soon.... wow.
All the best!

Hmmm....
TBH, This cycle seemed a little bit quieter. Everyone waiting silently for the results?:ninja:

Good luck everyone!
I think it is probably too fast to hear decisions from the committee for our batch. The staff said it takes at least 2 months starting from our applicant day, isn't it?
Tbh, I also want them to release the result asap Good luck, guys

I think it is probably too fast to hear decisions from the committee for our batch. The staff said it takes at least 2 months starting from our applicant day, isn't it?
Tbh, I also want them to release the result asap Good luck, guys
I saw postings in the forum from last year. The students started hearing from the school late Nov.

I saw postings in the forum from last year. The students started hearing from the school late Nov.
But last year’s Applicant Days only started in October so...:unsure:

Silently waiting indeed...

I’m not sure whether to feel nervous or scared or excited or whatever.

I emailed Admissions. :p

“Your application is currently under active review by our Committee. As Prof Sandy might have mentioned on applicant day, sometimes the review process can take a while as our review system is multi-tiered with faculty both from Duke and NUS reviewing different aspects of your file, so we would greatly appreciate your patience at this point.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let us know.”

:)

Reactions: 3 users
Just wondering if you guys might know...but do all if not majority of the applicants get an invite to an applicant day or have the applicants already been shortlisted based on their initial online application? If the latter, do admissions then base off their final decision from the interviews?

Just wondering if you guys might know...but do all if not majority of the applicants get an invite to an applicant day or have the applicants already been shortlisted based on their initial online application? If the latter, do admissions then base off their final decision from the interviews?
Hello neuroporo, I believe that applicants who received an invite to applicant day were shortlisted based on their initial online application. The class is then finalized based on the applicant's interview as well as their online application.

These are just my opinions and your best bet would be to email the admissions committee to get a clearer understanding of how they process their applicants. Hope this helps! :)