2008-2009 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12/8, HPA around 1/20. And you?

Does your interview date affect your list ranking?

Did you express a preference for Syracuse or Binghamton?

Members don't see this ad.

12/8, HPA around 1/20. And you?

Does your interview date affect your list ranking?

Did you express a preference for Syracuse or Binghamton?
I: 2/23
HPA: 3/4

i don't think interview date affects the ranking from what i've read. I listed bing as my preference because I went to undergrad there.

That's a rarity, not many people choose Binghamton as first choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a rarity, not many people choose Binghamton as first choice.
yea i know
i know 3 alums from bing who went and graduated upstate and did the bing program
all of them talked highly about the bing experience
i like the whole idea of following the patients more closely in a more relaxed environment but that's just me

So what do you think our chances are on the High Priority List? Do you know your position on the list?

So what do you think our chances are on the High Priority List? Do you know your position on the list?
i think our chances are pretty good.
i dont know my position and i tried to get a feel for it by emailing jennifer walsh and all i got was "if you don't hear back by june, call us. Hang in there!"
so i have no idea

anyone out there interview in march? did they say how long a response would take?

Hello guys Keep the faith. I hope all of you get off the HPA list.

On another note, for all you guys who have been accepted and opted to take Gross over the summer, don't you find it weird that we haven't been giving any sort of confirmation about the summer course by this time? They are supposed to notify us by March 13. I assume we will be getting some type of notice within the next day or two, but we'll see as only time will tell.

anyone out there interview in march? did they say how long a response would take?
i got reviewed in a blazing fast 1 week and i interviewed the last week of feb.

I think this week is the end of interviews. Can someone confirm this?

I think this week is the end of interviews. Can someone confirm this?

Yes this is the final week of interviews.

Also, thanks for the response, Funky!

Yes this is the final week of interviews.

Also, thanks for the response, Funky!
i'll be checking this thread often. i hope we all get in

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your e-mail...

Hello guys Keep the faith. I hope all of you get off the HPA list.

On another note, for all you guys who have been accepted and opted to take Gross over the summer, don't you find it weird that we haven't been giving any sort of confirmation about the summer course by this time? They are supposed to notify us by March 13. I assume we will be getting some type of notice within the next day or two, but we'll see as only time will tell.

lol...I assure u I am no masochist...:D I guess I was just crazy enough. I'm kinda excited though...we'll see how it works out...

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to sign up for giving up his last summer :p. What brings out
the masochist in you, young grasshopper?

Does anyone know how many people are on the High Priority Wait List?

Did anyone who interviewed on 2/25 hear yet? Today is two weeks.

Did anyone who interviewed on 2/25 hear yet? Today is two weeks.

I am not sure... I don't think that anyone heard anything yet...did anyone interview last week?

In the interview folders there is a letter that says decisions will be rendered in 3-4 weeks, but I remember that one of the admissions officers said that we would hear back in ~2 weeks...

Anyone else know anything?

Wow, this is becoming all too real too soon. Hey mezmerized did you receive that summer anatomy schedule? guess what? The first exam is on June 17th, about three weeks after my shool ends and about ten days from the first day of class.

:)
I'm going crazy waiting to hear something!

Yea, it does look intense! About a month after handing in a Masters thesis...:eek:

Wow, this is becoming all too real too soon. Hey mezmerized did you receive that summer anatomy schedule? guess what? The first exam is on June 17th, about three weeks after my shool ends and about ten days from the first day of class.

I second that! I interviewed on 2-16, and I'm still waiting to hear.
Yes I should be quiet then-- I just interviewed during the past two weeks and I'm already on edge!!:)

Good luck:luck:

I thought you were going to be quiet? :p

Nothing here yet!

Me...be quiet... not in a million years!!!:D

I was just hoping to hear some good news from the people (like me) who are still waiting to hear back from Upstate!! :luck:

Man, we need to get you a job or a kick-boxing class or something! I don't think we are going to hear anything until mid/late next week, so you have some time to kill.

Man, we need to get you a job or a kick-boxing class or something! I don't think we are going to hear anything until mid/late next week, so you have some time to kill.

You rock SortofMcDreamy!:thumbup:

Yeah the kickboxing would be great for me!!

Since the admissions people told us two weeks for a decision, I am going out of mind mind because it has been longer that that already... oh well! I guess I think this is like ripping off a band-aid...if the news is going to be bad, I want them to just do it already and get it over with! One big, fast, RIP!!!:)

i guess i was one of the few to be lucky enough to hear back after a week

hey guys
i was wondering how long you have to put down a deposit at upstate after your acceptance!
thanks

Has anyone heard back from Upstate about Financial packages? If yes, about how many weeks past your completion of FAFSFA? Thanks

Soccer, I just got mine today- it's been about a month since i've completed my FAFSA- call me stupid, but i dont really understand the financial package... hm, perhaps im in need of some sleep! :)

Soccer, I just got mine today- it's been about a month since i've completed my FAFSA- call me stupid, but i dont really understand the financial package... hm, perhaps im in need of some sleep! :)

Yeah so did I. I just received all Stafford loans, seemed pretty straightforward on how to accept the package.

I guess what I was/still am unsure of is the calculated '09/10 tuition' since im OOS.. their interview packet said 30 something, but the financial package said something almost double that...who knows! :)

soljaboyhey guys
i was wondering how long you have to put down a deposit at upstate after your acceptance!
thanks

Soljaboy, did you receive a decision recently?

yeap! came in Last week in the mail. my phone was turned off so...
good luck to you all!

fede, any word yet?

Let's say hypothetically, you can trade the decision you're going to get (accept or reject) for a guaranteed spot on the HPA list, what would you do? You would have to do this before your official decision is announced and it is irrevocable once done.

fede, any word yet?

Let's say hypothetically, you can trade the decision you're going to get (accept or reject) for a guaranteed spot on the HPA list, what would you do? You would have to do this before your official decision is announced and it is irrevocable once done.

Hey PAGuyana...nope, no word yet...:(

I would not trade for a guaranteed spot on the HPA list... it is just more agony/waiting... unless I were guaranteed to be at the very top of the HPA list :)

Anyone else out there still waiting? How about you, SortofMcDreamy- did you hear back yet?

Good luck everyone:luck:

fede, any word yet?

the HPA isn't a horrible place to be in .... is it?? :scared:

I guess it depends on which part of that list you're on. While thumbing through the previous year's threads it seems that there are a fair amount who don't get off the list. But those at the top of the HPA list have a decent shot. This whole wait listing thing is nothing but torture, and it seems that there is no solution but to ride it out.

Hey PAGuyana...nope, no word yet...:(

I would not trade for a guaranteed spot on the HPA list... it is just more agony/waiting... unless I were guaranteed to be at the very top of the HPA list :)

Anyone else out there still waiting? How about you, SortofMcDreamy- did you hear back yet?

Good luck everyone:luck:

Nah, nobody tells me nothin'.

the HPA isn't a horrible place to be in .... is it?? :scared:

No, as far as I know, the HPA is a very good place to be!!:)

A LOT of people get off of the HPA list. It is tough though because you are waiting around for a long time, hoping to hear something, and it makes it difficult to make plans for the summer and for the upcoming year... the admissions people said that it was possible to be called up to the first day of orientation (imagine packing your stuff and moving to Syracuse on 24 hours notice!!)

Good luck and hopefully we will all hear some good news SOON!:luck:

Hey guys,

I interviewed in mid February, and I just got High Priority Alternate Listed as of today. Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.