This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1188186

Sorry, ignore this post. I need to do more research on which schools I want to apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Date of submission: (Hopefully) in May 2024
Overall GPA: 3.8
Science GPA: 3.7
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.73
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 23 AA, 22 OC, 23 GC, 25 BIO, 22 RC, 22 QR, 21 PAT
State of Residence: NY
Major: Biology B.A.
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No, first time
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 150 hrs general, 12 hrs oral surgeon
Volunteering Experience: 35 hrs blood drive, 35 hrs elementary school, 6 hrs volunteering for school contest, 30 hrs general volunteering (ex: help public library run a booksale)
Employment: N/A
Research: N/A (I was part of a 3 semester program for research, but only did first two semesters, which probably doesn't count)
Other Extracurriculars: Only in a few clubs, but very involved in them. Only had a leadership position first year.
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Met with Boston University admissions person.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's list first year before transferring. Idt there is a dean's list at my new school.
LOR type and strength:
1 General Dentist (VERY GOOD)
2 STEM (One is very good, the other is avg)
1 non-STEM professor (VERY GOOD)
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
I have lower hrs of volunteering and lower GPA than what I would like due to being put into some uncomfortable/dangerous situations! I got a restraining order against my roommate, who I thought was a good friend, and spent months getting therapy, yipee!
For that reason, I'm also concerned about having lower volunteering hrs and less club involvement. I wanted to try to gain some new leadership positions at some of the clubs I go to, but I felt unsafe and stopped going to any student club for an entire semester. I'm not going to lie, it's still difficult trusting people, and I probably still need more help. It's hard man.
School list:
Columbia
UPenn
UConn
Rutgers
Stony
Howard
NYU
Touro
Tufts
BU
UNE
Temple
Pittsburgh

Are there any other schools I should consider? I would prefer to stay near the northeast, but I'm open to suggestions.
what is your TS?

why are you applying to howard?

what is your TS?

why are you applying to howard?
TS is 23. As for why I'm thinking of applying to howard, I'm not too sure yet. I added it initially because it's in the northeast, but I'm guessing by your reaction it's not a good idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
TS is 23. As for why I'm thinking of applying to howard, I'm not too sure yet. I added it initially because it's in the northeast, but I'm guessing by your reaction it's not a good idea.
howard is an HBCU...

howard is an HBCU...
Oh... I should've done more research on the schools, I'm sorry.
what is your mission fit for the schools you applied to?
I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but I guess one that emphasizes serving a diverse community/a more community-centered program?

Oh... I should've done more research on the schools, I'm sorry.

I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but I guess one that emphasizes serving a diverse community/a more community-centered program?
and all those schools on the list had mission fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.