This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bachow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It will need to be reported on credentialing and licensing paperwork and it will appear on your reference from your PD and/or DIO when you are applying for hospital privileges. It won't be the end of the world, but it will definitely delay things and may require you to answer more questions or appear in person for those things.

how would 1-day suspension during training affect your future? I got suspended 1 day due to minor HIPAA violation accessing coworker demographic record.

Never heard of a 1-day suspension, it's not high school. If the offense is egregious enough, the punishment should be more methodical (planned supervision for a significant period, etc). Is your program just messing with you, or trying to scare you?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Never heard of a 1-day suspension, it's not high school. If the offense is egregious enough, the punishment should be more methodical (planned supervision for a significant period, etc). Is your program just messing with you, or trying to scare you?

Last edited:
It will need to be reported on credentialing and licensing paperwork and it will appear on your reference from your PD and/or DIO when you are applying for hospital privileges. It won't be the end of the world, but it will definitely delay things and may require you to answer more questions or appear in person for those things.
Got you. So it is mainly issues with credentialing in the future. I think not all hospitals require PD or GME reference

Yeah i think it is just so I remember not to do it again in the future. Since it is only viewing demographic info without malicious intent
Did you access it on purpose?

I've seen the story someone literally clicked accidentally into a VIP (so no glass) record and got in trouble.

Just wondering what happened here.

Got you. So it is mainly issues with credentialing in the future. I think not all hospitals require PD or GME reference
Every application will ask you to self report if you’ve had any issues

It will be an annoyance with all board applications and credentialing forever because if you fail to self report and it is discovered huge alarm flags will go up.

I'll be the other opinion here, and say I don't think you even need to report it. It doesn't sound like a real legal nor administrative punishment, I think your program is just scaring you (what next, detention?!). Was is documented in any real significant way? Was it really deemed to be an egregious violation? reportable?

I think not. But if you want to be safe, ask your PD (just be honest, say you're concerned, and ask the question, maybe he'll be impressed that you care).

Reactions: 2 users

I agree that a one day suspension sounds pretty weird, and sounds a bit like high school. I also agree with you wondering if this was ever documented in a formal way, or if it was just some sort of weird slap on the wrist.

Reactions: 1 users
I would do everything I can to see if it doesn’t have to be an official suspension. Sounds like it’s past that

So unfortunately you’re going to be 63 and having to explain it to some clowns in credentialing.

I would get a dated letter explaining it from your PD as well as you may need that for the next 40
Years

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I would do everything I can to see if it doesn’t have to be an official suspension. Sounds like it’s past that

So unfortunately you’re going to be 63 and having to explain it to some clowns in credentialing.

I would get a dated letter explaining it from your PD as well as you may need that for the next 40
Years
When you finish the program obviously....

Status
Not open for further replies.