This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GW001

Reaction score
:unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
If you log into your eRA account from the FM1 grant application, you can see written feedback on your application. The impact score indicates how competitive your application is relative to other applicants (similar to when you are applying to a F30/31 later down the line). My feedback was positive and in my opinion indicative that I would receive an invite, and I did end up receiving one. I do think that that feedback is invaluable, regardless of whether you receive an invite or eventually matriculate into the OxCam program because you get to hear thoughts on your MD/PhD application from the perspective of 3 admissions officers.

Yeah, the FM1 application was a pain in the butt to complete and the early deadline caught me off guard as well. I had to write a whole new personal statement, reformat my significant research experiences, and create a biosketch (NIH version of a CV), all of which had to adhere to the super super specific to NIH formatting guidelines otherwise your grant application will be rejected. While it was daunting to do (without much guidance as well!) and is quite time intensive, I do think it gives you good practice for writing F30/31s in the future (this is more of a note for future applicants who may be interested in the OxCam program). The FM1 grant submission is new for this year, it's unfortunate that you did miss that earlier deadline :'(