This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ldent2000

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ideally you sound have more hours with the buddies program at submission, though I don't think it will stop some offices from screening you.

You aren't even semi-late. I don't even know what that means... isn't it on time?

The home team at UAB dental will not be fazed if your committee letter is late. I'm guessing similarly with other schools in the region, but you don't have a lot of private schools to work with in the South given that you will be OOS for them. 19 schools is probably way too many... you already have many signs that you likely will stay at UAB if you get an offer.

Date of Submission: 06-30-2023
Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.68
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.9
DAT Score: PAT-21/QR-19/RC-23/BIO-21/GC-22/OC-25/TS-22/AA-22
State of Residence: Alabama

Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Minority: No
Reapplicant: No
Nontrad: Yes

Shadow Hours: 200 with general dentist, 20 with endodontist/periodontist
Volunteering Experience: 700 hours as nonprofit wrestling club coach. I was the head coach for youth wrestlers for over a year. 30 hours volunteering for Best Buddies organization. We held events for people with special needs and did fun activities with them.
Employment: My current position, Dental Assistant - 300 hours
Research: Undergraduate research assistant for a lab at the UAB dental school. Collected references to enhance the paper on odontoblast differentiation
Other Extracurricular: Biology Learning Instructor - provide supplemental teaching to students in Bio 1 and 2. President of the UAB Wrestling Club, Member of UAB Pre Dental Society
Relevant Awards and Honors: 5 semesters on the UAB presidential honors list.
LOR Type and Strength: General dentist (strong), Genetics Professor (strong), Ochem professor (strong)
More Info on App: I am concerned that my committee letter has not yet been written. They said it will be done hopefully by mid August. I have already filled out all of secondaries and everything, the schools are just waiting on my committee letter that is holding my application back.
School List: - I have currently applied to 19 schools.
you applied to WAY too many schools with your stats
and you are NOT "semi-late"...

Members don't see this ad :)
you applied to WAY too many schools with your stats
and you are NOT "semi-late"...
oh
sorry
just saw the committee letter thing
not ideal, but you applied to planny schools, so you will hopefully be ok
have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any d schools?

What i meant by "semi-late" is that hopefully, my committee letter will be in by mid-August. And I've read that that is kind of late in the cycle but not super late. This is what I am most worried about. I did apply to plenty of private schools! I have family all over the country so moving is not an issue for me.
it's easier to give advice if you state your complete list...

Reactions: 1 user