This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1164909

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're saying next month (45 months total) is the end of your Chapter 35 benefits with a plan to finish your masters this december -

I am unsure what other VA benefits you're thinking of that would allow you to qualify for further assistance once you start dental school (outside of the upfront pay-out for those who died in the line of service +/- wounded warrior project claims/benefits for the surviving family members). I believe the reality at this point is that you're looking at a numbers-game (calculate overall debt) during and beyond dental school (including possible location for residency placement).

If you haven't already, I would inquire in the dental forum what others have done in terms of instate tuition cost vs traveling beyond the state for residency placement. Just based on your current location, it would seem wiser to stay in-state for school with the plan to move back to California for further training.

Either way, from a veteran benefit(s) point of view - you would have to apply for an NHSC Scholarship Program or go the HPSP route.