This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1164909

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like multiple opinions. I'm trying to decide if once I'm qualified, I should stay in-state of TX and pay out of pocket through a loan or go back to my home state of California, where the tuition is paid for, but I have to pay for my books and housing.
Check out NHSC and HPSP to see if you qualify.

Network with in-state programs in Texas, which will be less expensive and relatively easier to get into if you are a Texas resident than going to California and applying to the California dental schools.

Understand the nature of the dental industry. Corporate players and scope concerns (dental therapists) contribute to some negative pressures that you navigate with any student debt you come out with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the paying-for-school aspect. How could I improve myself as an out-of-state applicant? I miss my home.
Mission fit, networking, alignment with community of patients the dental schools serve. These are very important, especially for the California schools. You aren't in a position to go to California Dental Association meetings or networking, but you can also get to California after graduating with low debt from Texas via a residency program or getting hired or getting placed into a FQHC in California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user