This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamiltonmed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
+1 Curious!

I have been eyeing the VA HPSP for a while and I had no idea about this. Plus it looks like this one is only 1:1 commitment.

I thought there was only a partnership with a select few schools. So idk if anyone has gained access to it yet, or if already enrolled students can retroactively get the scholarship.

From reading on it, I have a feeling that next year will be the first year to start it

Members don't see this ad :)
This is exclusively for Vets 1:1. HPSP is open for everybody 1:1.5

Yeah the 1:1.5 sort of made just using GI Bill plus some debt slightly win out over HPSP.

Looking into it more, it does look like it's a new thing introduced with the Mission Act, so I wonder how many vets will opt into it this cycle over using GI Bill.

Are these scholarships fairly new?

Yes/No. I'm actually not too sure about VHV, but that's only come about on here recently. As for HPSP through VA... that has been around for a little while, but it has only been for nursing/NP and PA until this currently application cycle for the upcoming start of the new academic year for med students.

Status
Not open for further replies.