WAMC/School list (3.1 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 510 MCAT, Gap year, URM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grown

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.
Noting you posted in the vet med WAMC forum. Is this appropriate since you are tagging me, Goro, and Faha? (Note for Moderator.)

Do you live closer to the Memphis side or the Nashville/Knoxville side of the state for college? Have you connected with SNMA and any mentoring organizations focused on Black aspiring physicians? SAVMA (if you are interested in veterinary medicine)?

Welcome to the forums.
Noting you posted in the vet med WAMC forum. Is this appropriate since you are tagging me, Goro, and Faha? (Note for Moderator.)

Do you live closer to the Memphis side or the Nashville/Knoxville side of the state for college? Have you connected with SNMA and any mentoring organizations focused on Black aspiring physicians? SAVMA (if you are interested in veterinary medicine)?
Oops. I am still new to the forums. This is for the pre-med WAMC, can a mod move it? I live closer to the Memphis side. I have not connected with SNMA. Should I apply to them?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tennessee
East Tennessee
Belmont
Arkansas
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Emory
Tulane
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Miami
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Tennessee
East Tennessee
Belmont
Arkansas
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
Charles Drew
Emory
Tulane
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Indiana
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Miami
Wake Forest
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Georgetown
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Thank you for the school list! Do you think there are any defiencies in my app that I need to remediate?

Oops. I am still new to the forums. This is for the pre-med WAMC, can a mod move it? I live closer to the Memphis side. I have not connected with SNMA. Should I apply to them?
Yes, you definitely need more clinical exposure. You have a lot on shadowing, so more action that is clearly patient-facing will help.

Definitely check out SNMA through their social media channels and look up student leadership at schools closest to you or ones at the top of your wishlist.

Keep in mind Alice Walton School of Medicine will be recruiting its inaugural 2025 class pending accreditation approval. AWSOM is located in NW Arkansas.

Yes, you definitely need more clinical exposure. You have a lot on shadowing, so more action that is clearly patient-facing will help.

Definitely check out SNMA through their social media channels and look up student leadership at schools closest to you or ones at the top of your wishlist.

Keep in mind Alice Walton School of Medicine will be recruiting its inaugural 2025 class pending accreditation approval. AWSOM is located in NW Arkansas.
Okay! I get patient-facing interaction from the job I listed above. Mostly through phlebotomy Do you mean like I should do something like CNA or scribing?

Thank you for the advice too. I'll look into SNMA and that school!

Reactions: 1 user
Okay! I get patient-facing interaction from the job I listed above. Mostly through phlebotomy Do you mean like I should do something like CNA or scribing?

Thank you for the advice too. I'll look into SNMA and that school!
CNA work or volunteering would be helpful.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users