VCU CERT 2024-2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorate123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey for anyone who applied to/was accepted to the CERT program, I just started this thread because I didn't see one posted for this upcoming year. I was just accepted around 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any anecdotal information they can provide on the program as I have heard good things so far? Can provide additional information if needed (AMCAS sGPA: 3.16, MCAT: 507)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!
I was just looking for a thread too! It seems no one has made one yet. I have applied and been accepted, but I am also trying to decide whether to commit to attending. But to do that, there is not much outside information on the program, and what is, there are mixed reviews.
Btw It looks like your stats are great! Are you going to be attending?

Yes, I accepted the program invite just because I don’t have anything else lined up right now and you can decline anytime you wish it seems like (for example for those who make it into medical school). I am currently waitlisted at two DO schools so if one of them work out I will be attending there instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I accepted the program invite just because I don’t have anything else lined up right now and you can decline anytime you wish it seems like (for example for those who make it into medical school). I am currently waitlisted at two DO schools so if one of them work out I will be attending there instead.
Gotcha! Well I hope it works out and you get off the waitlist! I’d argue that since you are getting interviews, you may not need this program, unless you want to shoot for MD.

I have another acceptance to a SMP affiliated with an DO program (VCOM) and I’m trying to weigh my options. I am shooting for MD. As for additional information I am not such how much I can provide. I do very much enjoy that there is more flexibility on what they allow you to study. With only 3 classes required in both the semesters and the rest can be elective courses of your choosing. That is pretty uncommon when it comes to formal post bacc and smp programs.

Do you happen to know what the tuition is for this program?

The total tuition (including room and board) is ~50k for both in and out of state. Out of staters pay about an additional 800 or something. Also just mentioning this is a graduate certificate not an SMP so there’s something to think about too, it’s not as high risk high reward I guess? Seems quite high reward since you have a better shot at VCUSOM and probably other schools as well. That’s true there is more flexibility but it will be a grind for sure

Is anyone matriculating into the program looking for a roommate? I'm interested in finding someone who is also in the program to share a room with.