SMP advice non trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedpremed21

Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unless admissions folks are telling you to apply to THEIR SMP, your GPA and self-described trend does not signal a need to do this to me. I would not apply while starting an SMP.

Reactions: 2 users
Why are you thinking of taking a SMP? Depending on your answer it should be clear if doing a SMP will help in the admissions process. Your GPAs are a bit low but your MCAT is fine and you seem to have lots of hours in lots of areas (not sure if the hours are actually relevant and appropriate) so with a well focused list you might not need a SMP.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you thinking of taking a SMP? Depending on your answer it should be clear if doing a SMP will help in the admissions process. Your GPAs are a bit low but your MCAT is fine and you seem to have lots of hours in lots of areas (not sure if the hours are actually relevant and appropriate) so with a well focused list you might not need a SMP.
I thought SMPs only have one purpose which is to show that your academically capable so that’s why. I just don’t know if my 65 credits in my last 4 semesters during senior year and post-bacc is enough reinvention. Also I don’t know if adcoms will take my GPA at face value because of the Ws sophomore/junior year. Besides grades, all other parts of my app range from solid to strong.

I thought SMPs only have one purpose which is to show that your academically capable so that’s why. I just don’t know if my 65 credits in my last 4 semesters during senior year and post-bacc is enough reinvention. Also I don’t know if adcoms will take my GPA at face value because of the Ws sophomore/junior year. Besides grades, all other parts of my app range from solid to strong.
You will need to survey the schools on your list of they value your last 30 to 60 credits. Some schools will in light of other strengths in your application. I think if you said you pulled 4.0s the past 2 years, it would be viewed well especially with a strong MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.