Real estate syndication and the anesthesiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anestheezee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm 36, been in my practice for about 5 years now. I'm finding myself very interested in the possibility of creating passive income through real estate and from what I've been studying, syndication deals seems to be the right route for me. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a passion for this and would be willing to share some of their experiences. So far I've had a lot of enthusiasm but I feel like I'm missing a mentor or others that are also going through the same motions to talk about stuff.

I'll go first, I just joined a subscription for a multi family build to rent development project in a suburb of Houston. My first time. I put in $62k, they anticipate a 2.0x equity multiple in 3 years. Seems to be on the bold end of predictions but they have a track record with nearly 30 other developments and this is as far as I can tell a copy and paste deal.

Would love to hear what others have going on and if anyone wants to talk more privately to network a little and hopefully explore this side gig more with others in the same shoes. 👍

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know much about real estate but rates above 7% and the proliferation of real estate courses seem to signal the end of easy money in that arena.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2x multiple means double not triple. F.e: a 1.5x multiple means on a $10 investment you'll make $5 and therefore at the end of your 3 year window you would have $15.

Hi folks,
I'm 36, been in my practice for about 5 years now. I'm finding myself very interested in the possibility of creating passive income through real estate and from what I've been studying, syndication deals seems to be the right route for me. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a passion for this and would be willing to share some of their experiences. So far I've had a lot of enthusiasm but I feel like I'm missing a mentor or others that are also going through the same motions to talk about stuff.

I'll go first, I just joined a subscription for a multi family build to rent development project in a suburb of Houston. My first time. I put in $62k, they anticipate a 2.0x equity multiple in 3 years. Seems to be on the bold end of predictions but they have a track record with nearly 30 other developments and this is as far as I can tell a copy and paste deal.

Would love to hear what others have going on and if anyone wants to talk more privately to network a little and hopefully explore this side gig more with others in the same shoes. 👍
@sevoflurane does Real Estate. I think he does hotels.

Reactions: 1 user
If you trust the market for 10% average, it’ll double in seven years and require no thinking. Buy and hold easy peasy. Even with lower returns than that, I’ll take it over having to worry about getting screwed in a real estate market starting to roll over.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi folks,

Serious questions, but I always ask myself "if there aren't some significant risks, why would they need (my) money"? I find myself wondering this for any investment that claims over 10% annually. Am I missing something?

Reactions: 5 users
Hi folks,

higher return means more risk. but they been doing very well due to boom in rent and prices