This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anarchymed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was a tough decision whether or not to do a post-bac or SMP. I will graduate soon with a Biochem degree with 3.0 gpa and 3.0 sgpa. 508 MCAT. Obviously not very good, I'm going to retake MCAT. I was accepted to Georgetown, Tufts and Tulane SMP. Still waiting to hear from Boston University and Loyola Chicago, however I'm mainly considering Georgetown and Tufts

Anyone with knowledge about these programs, can you please give me advice/details? Has anyone on this done one of these programs? If so, could you share your experiences? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I echo btuck- Rosalind Franklin is a program to consider if you want a strong (not guaranteed) chance of acceptance to their own medical school. 50-60% of the class usually gets accepted, a far cry from any of the above programs, from what I can gather. I’m in the Rosalind Franklin BMS program (had my interview and just waiting to hear on whether I got a conditional acceptance). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the program.

UConn Program B and Temple ACMS are both solid programs to consider as well

UConn Program B and Temple ACMS are both solid programs to consider as well

I don’t know much about UCONN but the requirements for Temple ACMS seem to suggest a higher GPA (3.4) will make an applicant more successful.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Simba0930 if your application is solid (with the exception of your GPA), I would say you might have a shot at an interview. I would at the least apply. Make sure your application align with the mission statement for the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, as the program gives you a conditional acceptance to the school.

Thanks- I’m already in the BMS program at Rosalind Franklin and had my interview here- just awaiting a response.