Day 66 of 862

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ntds

Reaction score
Late 40s dinosaur here.

I officially started my premed journey 66 days ago.

I kicked off my DIY post bacc journey with sociology and stats. Received an A in both.

I’m taking chem 1 and trigonometry this summer.

It’s going to be an uphill battle, as I’ve so many college credits my cGPA is handcuffed at 2.9, but hope to crack 3.4 sGPA.

I plan to start my ECs soon.

Any tips much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Set goals to determine progress. Seems like you’ve already got that going with 862 days planned in the journey

You thinking MD? DO? Both? When’s your expected application year? What ECs are you gonna specifically do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Set goals to determine progress. Seems like you’ve already got that going with 862 days planned in the journey

You thinking MD? DO? Both? When’s your expected application year? What ECs are you gonna specifically do?

My plan is to complete all coursework and MCAT by the end of 2025 and apply late in cycle (January 2026). I realize this is not optimal. So my focus will primarily be DO schools.

As far as ECs, I am thinking pallative, community hospital, crisis hotline, shadow PC, EM, Psy. Non-clinical thinking halfway houses, prisoners or community outreach program.

If time permits, I would like to do some research that aligns with my career goals.