This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are people doing a why Yale essay for the optional one or leaving it blank (or including something that hasn't been talked about yet)? Since they cover gap year and diversity, I was going to do a why Yale essay, but the prompt makes it sound like it's more focused on us as applicants rather than why this school
Did you end up doing a Why Yale essay or leaving it blank? Also having the same question rn. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Left it blank. Yale knows why we're applying lmao, it's Yale

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those with such a fast turn around time. Can I ask what the available interview dates are looking like right now?

Congrats to those with such a fast turn around time. Can I ask what the available interview dates are looking like right now?
When I looked, the earliest was end of September, and they opened up their dates until at least November (not sure if they allowed scheduling in December yet because I didn’t check that far out).

Reactions: 1 user
Do we think Yale is only giving II's to people with super high stats right now? The lowest LM I've seen is 79...

Reactions: 2 users
The ordering is also so confusing. I submitted 7/28 and heard nothing but people who submitted nearly a month later heard back? Do they have multiple sets of admissions officers or something for each month and some just go faster than others?

The ordering is also so confusing. I submitted 7/28 and heard nothing but people who submitted nearly a month later heard back? Do they have multiple sets of admissions officers or something for each month and some just go faster than others?
Doesn't seem linear. Checked last years threads and people who submitted in early July were still getting IIs in November/December

Reactions: 1 users
They may sort and stratify by factors like stats or they may have already reviewed your app but just not communicated any decision. It’s typically not linear by submission date.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm p sure they also just reject at the end of the cycle

They may sort and stratify by factors like stats or they may have already reviewed your app but just not communicated any decision. It’s typically not linear by submission date.
There's no obvious method to the madness from the outside. They can send interviews pretty late, don't read too much into it

Just got an email from Yale asking me to consider applying. I didn't apply because my MCAT is 514 (little too low for Yale I thought) but my sGPA is 3.96. Does this email mean anything or do they just want my $??
might be a little late but I received an II on 8/9/23 with a 514, 3.67 cgpa and LM of 69... anything is possible, if you wanna apply, have the means, and have your materials ready, then go for it

edit: i was complete 7/23/23

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
might be a little late but I received an II on 8/9/23 with a 514, 3.67 cgpa and LM of 69... anything is possible, if you wanna apply, have the means, and have your materials ready, then go for it

edit: i was complete 7/23/23
I love this!! Good luck and I hope you get in!!

• Care
OOS II today. Secondary complete 8/26. LM 81.

Last edited:
  • Love
OOS II today, complete 9/1

Last edited:
  • Care
Could y'all let me know how many days it took for you to receive your Yale secondary after verification/designating the school? Thought I wasn't going to apply here because my stats are lower (LM 69) but I'm an alum so I figured that might help me and designated the school on AMCAS last minute on Saturday 9/9. Haven't seen anything, even though I'm checking spam, and now getting antsy lol. Maybe because I made the designation on a weekend?

• Okay...
Could y'all let me know how many days it took for you to receive your Yale secondary after verification/designating the school? Thought I wasn't going to apply here because my stats are lower (LM 69) but I'm an alum so I figured that might help me and designated the school on AMCAS last minute on Saturday 9/9. Haven't seen anything, even though I'm checking spam, and now getting antsy lol. Maybe because I made the designation on a weekend?
I added them later as well! I added them Friday and got their secondary the next Tuesday, so you’ll probably get it soon! They probably just don’t send them on the weekends

• Love
I added them later as well! I added them Friday and got their secondary the next Tuesday, so you’ll probably get it soon! They probably just don’t send them on the weekends
Oh perfect! This is reassuring, I kept wondering if my eyes had just completely skipped over their email or something haha. Thank you for letting me know I appreciate it! ❤️

I realized I forgot to put all my online courses in my secondary. Should I email?

• Care
I realized I forgot to put all my online courses in my secondary. Should I email?
I don't think emailing app corrections really does much... I think you're better off just hoping they either overlook or don't mind the error. Also you're SO real for that preview score lmao

I don't think emailing app corrections really does much... I think you're better off just hoping they either overlook or don't mind the error. Also you're SO real for that preview score lmao
What can I say, Standardized testing isn't my thang.

Do we know if there are any information sessions for Yale?

My first II of the cycle!!

Edit: LM 81.4, complete 9/7

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
OOS II! Complete 9/1 (and just in case, I saw multiple interview dates spanning from Oct to Jan with the earliest date being 10/13!)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does Yale send out Pre-II R or do they just send out R at once?

OOS II! Complete 9/1 (and just in case, I saw multiple interview dates spanning from Oct to Jan with the earliest date being 10/13!)
omg quick turnaround. this is so cool, huge congrats to you! hope you crush the interview :)

• Love
+1 OOS II. LM 81. Submitted first couple of days. Did not fill out the optional essay.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed today and no clue how I'm gonna get in. Imposter syndrome goin crazy y'all are so impressive

• Wow
  • Care
Was the interview itself difficult/nerve-wracking/tricky?
Nope! The SDN page was pretty accurate - they work hard to make everyone feel comfortable and it's pretty conversational and chill. Meeting the other interviewees is both really fun and really humbling though haha

• Love
Nope! The SDN page was pretty accurate - they work hard to make everyone feel comfortable and it's pretty conversational and chill. Meeting the other interviewees is both really fun and really humbling though haha
Hahah this is how it always goes but I know that they felt the same way about you. You've done incredible things that don't seem to be too big of a deal to yourself because you've already surmounted whatever obstacles you've encountered

• Wow
  • Love