2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, a quick note: it seems I have upset people on Reddit. Didn't realize that I was being insufferable, so I apologize for that! I was having fun meeting people on here, especially because the premed process is defined by anonymity and toxicity (we're all going to be doctors who will work together in a few years anyway, so why not get to know people now?). My goal was to always be as transparent as possible in hopes that my messages could benefit future applicants (just as the messages of past posters helped me). However, it seems my presence is causing others stress so I will now stop posting. It was never my intention to annoy anyone else or brag in any way. I have redacted my signature/flair.

As always, if anyone has any questions, concerns, comments, or just wants to chat my DMs are always open! Good luck everyone; hope to see you all live out your dreams.

*Edit a day after: I originally thought that I received an II because I got an email from WashU with 'youre invited' in the subject. With all the stress around this school at the time I didn't open it up until later when I realized it was an open house invitation from WashU Law (MD/JD applicant)! For transparency updating here!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
OOS II received, complete 7/6

Also, a quick note: it seems I have upset people on Reddit. Didn't realize that I was being insufferable, so I apologize for that! I was having fun meeting people on here, especially because the premed process is defined by anonymity and toxicity (we're all going to be doctors who will work together in a few years anyway, so why not get to know people now?). My goal was to always be as transparent as possible in hopes that my messages could benefit future applicants (just as the messages of past posters helped me). However, it seems my presence is causing others stress so I will now stop posting. It was never my intention to annoy anyone else or brag in any way. I have redacted my signature/flair.

As always, if anyone has any questions, concerns, comments, or just wants to chat my DMs are always open! Good luck everyone; hope to see you all live out your dreams.
Nah dude you're the GOAT, don't let some Redditors kill your vibe 🙏

• Care
Reactions: 8 users

It’s peoples insecurities being projected onto your success. You are absolutely killing it and as future fellow colleagues, we should all be happy for you. Keep killing it and go change medicine! We ARE PROUD!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)

As always, if anyone has any questions, concerns, comments, or just wants to chat my DMs are always open! Good luck everyone; hope to see you all live out your
Naur if I were you I’d double down and post even more. You should be proud of yourself and should freely share your success to people immersed in the process. Let these weirdo haters be the motivators. Also it’s such a small community of people on the interviews where I’ve seen lots of familiar faces, and it’s nice to see you and others flourish so well :)

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Not sure what was said on Reddit, but they’re just jealous man. I have seen you be nothing but humble and helpful on this forum. Let the haters hate and keep doing what you’re doing

• Care
Reactions: 7 users

My joke from yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back

• Haha
  • Care

You’ve been nothing but a class act from what I’ve see on here. Always humble. People get jealous and want to take away from your success.

• Care

The closer we get to Thanksgiving, the more distressing it becomes for those who have yet to secure an interview. Being able as first cycle applicant and ORM and get 13 interview invite indicates you definitely nailing the application cycle. I hope you will share where you will matriculate.
Thank you for always being transparent and giving us hope.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

In a process that’s as difficult and as stressful as it is, you’ve been nothing but supportive and helpful. They’re just being haters and projecting their insecurities and jealousy onto you. Some people just hate to see others win🤷‍♂️.

• Care
  • Love

Gratz on the II brother. I think a lot of the hate towards you and some of us here comes from a place of anxiety surrounding the cycle, so I don't think you should take everything they say to heart. That being said, some people will always dislike you no matter what you do. The internet just gives them a platform to express that dislike publicly.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
it seems I have upset people on Reddit.
so I will now stop posting.
Nah dude, besides success you haven't done anything wrong or even irritating.
I personally like coming to SDN more bc its slightly less anxiety ridden than Reddit (or at least masked better with humor).
If you are getting push back from Reddit side, stick to SDN, lmao we appreciate u

• Care
Lmfao just went to find the reddit post in question; yea don't worry about it. All of us come to SDN so that we can see how others are doing and cling to some status updates in a process that's pretty black box. If you don't want to know about peoples stats, interviews, and acceptances, you simply don't have to log on.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)

You have been nothing but kind and encouraging on this forum. These people on Reddit are likely just jealous that they aren't having the same success as you, but you worked hard to earn these interview invites and deserve to share your success.

I believe that your transparency is important for this process - seeing when schools send out interviews helps applicants know what to expect. Your insightful responses to questions have helped many applicants improve their applications or essays. We have also shared some insightful private conversations that would have never occurred if I had never seen you post on here, and I am sure you have helped many others through DMs. We, as a community, hope you can continue posting, but we also understand if you want to stick by your decision :)

• Care
Overall, all of you guys have been really great for my own mental health in this hell of a process. Being able to joke with people in the same boat and cheer you guys on has unironically been something I look forward to. Maybe I need to touch grass but it is an honor to (hopefully) share the field of medicine with incredible people like yall.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Ah dude definitely don't let it get to you. Just because your cycle is going well doesn't mean that you can't express emotions haha. At least for me, SDN has been a good reminder about how there isn't a certain level of success where people stop caring. I remember thinking "I just want one ii by the end of Sep and I'll calm down" and then I got it and then the number of ii's I wanted just increased. We're all somewhat susceptible to the hedonic treadmill, but people that would dream to be in your shoes don't realize just how human we all are XD. With that being said it's been so much fun to be in these threads with you all and see the fruits of everyone's hard work.

• Care
  • Love
@toastedbutter I don't post much but learn a lot from all the stories of everyone on these forums. The value is in understanding the lived experience so the rest of the community, in preparation or in the cycle, can learn from others including the success stories. The cold hard reality is that some will have stronger apps than others and this process does in fact reward those people. It motivates some people to work a little harder to be competitive and maybe to set sights on realistic targets and inevitably causes others to want to pull you down to make themselves feel better. Let's focus on the needs of the former, not the latter.

You have been encouraging of others and humble about your losses as well as your wins. Sensitivity toward those who haven't had the same successes is of course very important and something I hope everyone on this forum will remember. Transparency of information is helpful and so is understanding the factors that lead to success. Remember it isn't just people in the current cycle who read these forums. Keep doing what you are doing - in my opinion, you and others are setting a kind and collaborative tone - plus just because you guys tend to be among the first to get IIs, doesn't mean there aren't still plenty out there!

Good luck to all!

• Care

Congrats on the interview but I’m gonna miss you guys please don’t stop posting this is prime pre med toxicity especially with everyone being on edge with applications. I really enjoyed watching you and others post on similar school threads and appreciated the positivity!! Despite not having any decisions yet myself, I believe in all of us to make it by the end of this cycle 🫶 it’s a marathon not a race!

• Care
  • Love
Does anyone know if they welcome post-II thank-you letters? It's not specified in the document upload section.

I got the newsletter!! Woohooo! (Please notice me WashU 🫶)

Dear Admissions Committee,

Greetings! I am writing to express my profound and unwavering commitment to matriculate at Washington University School of Medicine, should you extend an offer of admission. While there are myriad reasons underpinning my motivations, a few recent updates captured in your delightful newsletter have sealed my decision.

Foremost is the Medical French welcome picnic. As an avid lover of baguettes, buttered croissants, and occasional beret-wearing, it's clear to me that my French inclinations would find a true home at WashU.

Not to be overshadowed, the tantalizing prospect of Seoul Taco's catering for the Student National Medical Association's welcome event beckons me. I firmly believe that fusion tacos represent the perfect complement to a robust medical education.

Lastly, your newsletter hinted at life's greatest joy: fluffy dog friends at St. Louis' Bar K. Knowing that I could potentially celebrate academic milestones alongside both my medical student peers and delightful canines makes my heart palpitate (in a medically appropriate fashion).

In conclusion, while other applicants may be swayed by trivialities like curriculum, reputation, or research opportunities, I clearly share WashU's commitment to the finer aspects of medical education.

I await your admission decision with bated breath (again, in a medically appropriate manner).

Warm regards and whimsical wishes,

- An applicant

P.S. Please note the above letter is written with the utmost affection and jest. WashU sounds like it has an excellent community and student life. I hope this attempt at humor gives you a little laugh during this admissions cycle.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Dear Admissions Committee,

Greetings! I am writing to express my profound and unwavering commitment to matriculate at Washington University School of Medicine, should you extend an offer of admission. While there are myriad reasons underpinning my motivations, a few recent updates captured in your delightful newsletter have sealed my decision.

Foremost is the Medical French welcome picnic. As an avid lover of baguettes, buttered croissants, and occasional beret-wearing, it's clear to me that my French inclinations would find a true home at WashU.

Not to be overshadowed, the tantalizing prospect of Seoul Taco's catering for the Student National Medical Association's welcome event beckons me. I firmly believe that fusion tacos represent the perfect complement to a robust medical education.

Lastly, your newsletter hinted at life's greatest joy: fluffy dog friends at St. Louis' Bar K. Knowing that I could potentially celebrate academic milestones alongside both my medical student peers and delightful canines makes my heart palpitate (in a medically appropriate fashion).

In conclusion, while other applicants may be swayed by trivialities like curriculum, reputation, or research opportunities, I clearly share WashU's commitment to the finer aspects of medical education: French picnics, fusion tacos, and dogs.

I await your admission decision with bated breath (again, in a medically appropriate manner).

Warm regards and whimsical wishes,

- An applicant

P.S. Please note the above letter is written with the utmost affection and jest. WashU sounds like it has an excellent community and student life. I hope this attempt at humor gives you a little laugh during this admissions cycle.

Idk if u have had it but Seoul taco is truly exquisite and should be displayed

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi, everyone! Has anyone done the pre-interview video questions? Any info or tips on how to prepare? I would truly appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
~7/17 due to some LOR issues
Did admissions contact you about your LOR issues? If so, was 7/17 when your app was marked complete or when your letters were all sorted out? I also had some LOR issues and I'm wondering if that may delay things

@onwardsandupwards468 @AnxiousCapybara @pablo213 Y'all are next for sure!!!
Valentines Day Love GIF by Chibird

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Did admissions contact you about your LOR issues? If so, was 7/17 when your app was marked complete or when your letters were all sorted out? I also had some LOR issues and I'm wondering if that may delay things
I was contacted and once the letter was updated I called and my application was marked complete while I was still on the phone. I submitted on the first day but 7/17 is when I was fully complete

This is super late but I just wanted to chime in. Dude, why are you letting some haters dictate how you operate? You worked HARD for this. You deserve ALL of the interviews you've received thus far (and will continue to receive), and you have the right to be transparent in sharing that information. If someone is getting their feelings hurt over YOUR success, that says more about them than it does about you. You literally have been nothing but positive and supportive to everyone (not even remotely close to being insufferable), and it's obvious the Reddit people are just picking at you because of your success.

For those of you who are getting your feelings hurt over someone else's success, GROW UP. If anything, the premeds that complain about the success of others are the most insufferable, excuse-ridden people I've ever met.

@toastedbutter definitely reconsider your decision to stop posting here. You're like the Thanos of this application cycle, I would hate to see you stop sharing your successful cycle because of some internet haters.

• Love
  • Care
For those interviewing, is there a zoom link for a welcome session in the morning or do we just jump directly into the individual interviews?

For those interviewing, is there a zoom link for a welcome session in the morning or do we just jump directly into the individual interviews?

It’s just the interviews, the rest of the stuff is built in during other times of the day.

I am looking at my portal for interview today (shiver me timbers) but where is the blue, “Start Interview” button? Is it going to show up later?

II just now. Complete 9/18

• Love
potential stupid question but for those who interviewed on a friday, did you only have the scheduled faculty interviews that day but other virtual sessions we are supposed to attend on another day? the website and email for the ii make it seem like they're all on the same day, but the interview page says otherwise. trying to plan out something that day so i want to know in advance

II just now. Complete 9/18
I still don't have any interview dates available in my calendar, but I'm also aware it can take a couple of days. Should I reach out now or wait it out a little longer and see if something shows up?

I still don't have any interview dates available in my calendar, but I'm also aware it can take a couple of days. Should I reach out now or wait it out a little longer and see if something shows up?
personally for me they never showed up and i had to email the school to schedule one

Do y'all think it's fine to do the Kira assessment same-day as the interview? I know they say "before or day of" but hope it doesn't look like I procrastinated.. I just don't really want to do my hair, makeup, and put on a suit for 20 mins on a different day. I was going to do it during the 3 hour gap between faculty interviews.

• Wow
Do y'all think it's fine to do the Kira assessment same-day as the interview? I know they say "before or day of" but hope it doesn't look like I procrastinated.. I just don't really want to do my hair, makeup, and put on a suit for 20 mins on a different day. I was going to do it during the 3 hour gap between faculty interviews.
I advise doing it before your interview.

Does anyone know how to join the virtual tour session? I have been searching everywhere and it started 30 minutes ago but there is no zoom link to be found.