2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II! Without doxxing myself too hard, I was complete very early on (within 7 days following 7/7/23, we'll say). Interview dates were out to the last week in November
Why would your complete date dox you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would your complete date dox you?
Probably because UVA is slowly sending out IIs now. If he’s the only applicant with a specific complete date who got an II today, then the adcoms would know

Reactions: 2 users
Probably because UVA is slowly sending out IIs now. If he’s the only applicant with a specific complete date who got an II today, then the adcoms would know
As someone who's been transparent about my stats and dates in various threads, what's the risk associated with adcoms identifying me/my account? I'm just looking to help fellow applicants but I'd hate to hurt my own outcomes in the process

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who's been transparent about my stats and dates in various threads, what's the risk associated with adcoms identifying me/my account? I'm just looking to help fellow applicants but I'd hate to hurt my own outcomes in the process
Yeah same, I don't really understand the fear unless you signed an NDA that you have broken by posting online

I appreciate your openness about your app cycle (and other people do too!), but some other people may feel less comfortable about sharing. I just wanted to give an alternative perspective :)

OOS A received yesterday morning! Interviewed Oct 26th.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/24.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if they value update letters if they aren’t research based? Or how far along they are in their interview cycle,

Reactions: 3 users
From what I've heard from current students, they seem to value publication update letters more than others.
Does anyone know if they value update letters if they aren’t research based? Or how far along they are in their interview cycle,

Have any mid-stat in state students heard back yet?? Anyone with a mid August complete date?

Reactions: 4 users
OOS II complete early in July!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
has anyone with a recent interview sent an update letter? was thinking about sending but not sure how much they value

congrats on the As everyone! has anyone received an interview yet with an MCAT below 520? wondering if theyve moved past the super high stat applicants yet, UVA is one of my dream schools :(
me!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A Friday, Interviewed last week! Honestly best interview experience so far everyone was so nice.

Got the A this morning!! Interviewed 2 days ago

bruh i saw you posted this on multiple threads, the cycle isn't over until it's over. just chill and wait for now plus you have a super high LM lol idk what you want us to say
As future doctors, you guys should learn some more empathy

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
Agreed— Yeah we’re all worried, no matter the GPA and MCAT we have. We’re all just doing our best. The cycle is over when it’s over, don’t neglect your mental and physical health, and do everything you can to distract yourselves. When we all become doctors we can look back and laugh at how silly we seemed😂

Reactions: 3 users
nah you got me wrong i feel for OP’s comment because we’re all in the same boat waiting for responses from schools lmfao but there really is not much we can say here without feeding each other’s neuroticism beyond that the cycle isn’t over till it’s over

• Dislike
Reactions: 10 users

I hate when people gaslight others about empathy.
For example, you could have said this in a more empathetic manner.

Reactions: 13 users
I wasn't gaslighting. That was very insensitive the way confusedcurls responded to someone who may have good stats but had a question/worried about the cycle. If you don't know don't respond like that

I wasn't gonna say anything but it didn't sit well with me that confusedcurls said that and people liked his/her post. I myself know how worried I was before I got an acceptance and that dude is doing the best he/she can and is seeing if he/she has hope

I wasn't gonna say anything but it didn't sit well with me that confusedcurls said that and people liked his/her post. I myself know how worried I was before I got an acceptance and that dude is doing the best he/she can and is seeing if he/she has hope
Asking "I have high stats why don't I have an interview" comes off as very entitled, which is why I think people are reacting negatively

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
While i understand what you’re saying, i also think in general it’s frustrating on other people when someone posts the same “i haven’t heard yet, should i be worried” post on multiple threads right after one another. i remember i was like “omg there might be some movement at like 4 of the schools i applied to” just to read the same post over and over. i empathize with how hard it is to wait but i also think that the “copy and paste” posts are not good for anyone, reader or poster

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
While i understand what you’re saying, i also think in general it’s frustrating on other people when someone posts the same “i haven’t heard yet, should i be worried” post on multiple threads right after one another. i remember i was like “omg there might be some movement at like 4 of the schools i applied to” just to read the same post over and over. i empathize with how hard it is to wait but i also think that the “copy and paste” posts are not good for anyone, reader or poster
yes, this is why i responded the way i did. i wasn’t trying to come across as being mean or lacking empathy but the og poster lowkey spammed a bunch of threads with the same thing. coupled with listing their LM score in each one it came across to me as being almost tone deaf. if we’re gonna talk about being insensitive here then i think all parties should be considerate of that but to each their own ig

edit: also what i said wasn’t provocative, i literally just said the cycle isnt over till it’s over which in itself implies that there’s hope. some of yall are acting like i cursed OP out or something. anyway, gl to everyone i get that it’s a very stressful time

Last edited:
yes, this is why i responded the way i did. i wasn’t trying to come across as being mean or lacking empathy but the og poster lowkey spammed a bunch of threads with the same thing. coupled with listing their LM score in each one it came across to me as being almost tone deaf. if we’re gonna talk about being insensitive here then i think all parties should be considerate of that but to each their own ig

edit: also what i said wasn’t provocative, i literally just said the cycle isnt over till it’s over which in itself implies that there’s hope. some of yall are acting like i cursed OP out or something. anyway, gl to everyone i get that it’s a very stressful time

You’re fine my dude/dudette. Most of us had the same reaction as well. I didn’t like how someone tried to virtue signal and call you out so I had to say something. See ya on the flip side

• Love