2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there anyone that interviewed, got skipped over on acceptance dates, and then got accepted on a following one? LOL I know the Feb 1st one is coming up, and I really need to stop getting my hopes up cuz I literally interviewed back in september šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is there anyone that interviewed, got skipped over on acceptance dates, and then got accepted on a following one? LOL I know the Feb 1st one is coming up, and I really need to stop getting my hopes up cuz I literally interviewed back in september šŸ˜­
Can't answer your question but I'm in the same boat, they were literally my first interview. Not hearing back isn't an R so I'm sure it's possible

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IS II this weekend! Completed in July. LM 75.
This is my first interview invitation of the cycle--the first. I am super grateful and ecstatic for this chance. In a process that seems bleak for many, there's still hope.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to ask about the difficulty of the MMI questions. This is going to be my first true MMI style interview and I am a little tense since there are a lot of unknowns. Any input would be appreciated.

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to ask about the difficulty of the MMI questions. This is going to be my first true MMI style interview and I am a little tense since there are a lot of unknowns. Any input would be appreciated.
The questions aren't crazy hard. A few are referring to like ethical situations in your personal life, very similar to Casper type questions. You may have one or two more difficult ethical ones that have to do with you being a medical provider and what decision you may make, but in these situations I think they're mostly looking to see if you consider both sides and use empathy when interacting with your patients.

Placed on hold after interview just now, wondering if this is the ā€˜Feb 1ā€™ decision or not.

Nope everyone gets placed on hold, it has really nothing to do with your decision lol. The real decision comes out either February or March.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope everyone gets placed on hold, it has really nothing to do with your decision lol. The real decision comes out either February or March.
Thank you Jose :)

I withdrew my II from here. There were multiple interview days in Feb/March so hopefully it goes to one of you very deserving folks!

Reactions: 2 users
Did everyone who interviewed already get a hold email today?
I received the 'hold' email today as well, interviewed Jan 17th.

During the information session, they said being placed on hold after committee review is a good thing and means you're a possible contender for an acceptance on one of their designated acceptance days (Feb 1st and March 15th). Could be mistaken but that's how I interpreted it!

Reactions: 1 users
I received the 'hold' email today as well, interviewed Jan 17th.

During the information session, they said being placed on hold after committee review is a good thing and means you're a possible contender for an acceptance on one of their designated acceptance days (Feb 1st and March 15th). Could be mistaken but that's how I interpreted it!
This is correct. Everybody who interviews gets placed on hold and you are either accepted on a designated acceptance day or will be put on the waitlist after March 15

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well! How soon did you guys hear back about being put on hold?

You hear back on one of the four decision days they mentioned. So, you could hear back tomorrow, Feb 1st or March 15th.

Best of luck to everyone hearing back tomorrow. I'm rooting for you all. But also, don't fret if there's no news tomorrow. You will still have March 15th for an outright decision. Then WL is not the end of the world either. Just longer waiting but it'll be worth it at the end.

Best of luck to everyone hearing back tomorrow. I'm rooting for you all. But also, don't fret if there's no news tomorrow. You will still have March 15th for an outright decision. Then WL is not the end of the world either. Just longer waiting but it'll be worth it at the end.
Thank you, Altus. We are all gonna crush it tomorrow! I just interviewed last week, so if I hear back tomorrow, that would be an incredibly fast turnaround!

what time do they usually come out?
I don't remember exactly but I think they came out by 10 AM on the last offer date (12/18/2023). I tried to look back in the thread to see if there were timestamps, but it doesn't look like SDN continues to show posting times after a while. If anyone is more tech savvy than me and can figure that out, let us know :)

I don't remember exactly but I think they came out by 10 AM on the last offer date (12/18/2023). I tried to look back in the thread to see if there were timestamps, but it doesn't look like SDN continues to show posting times after a while. If anyone is more tech savvy than me and can figure that out, let us know :)
In October it was around 4-5 PM EST. I think in December it was morning sometime though

Reactions: 3 users
First A was 9:49 AM ET in December... looks like we're in purgatory

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
12 PM check in, how is everyone doing lol

So weā€™re all just refreshing this like crazy LOL

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Same interviewed 9/14. It's pretty incredible how good I am at not getting into medical school

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Yikes nothing for me, I guess some people got passed over

• Care
This cycle has taught me nothing other than I have no idea how the app review process works. Why did I receive a bunch of IIs early on in the cycle if I was just going to see nothing but deferrals, waitlists, or Rs? Did I just screw up every interview? Lmao. I feel for yall that have been waiting for months only to hear zero good news.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe more decisions will be released today?

This cycle has taught me nothing other than I have no idea how the app review process works. Why did I receive a bunch of IIs early on in the cycle if I was just going to see nothing but deferrals, waitlists, or Rs? Did I just screw up every interview? Lmao. I feel for yall that have been waiting for months only to hear zero good news.
Stay positive <3. the app process is long and annoying indeed, but if you have deferrals and waitlists be proud and patient. You got Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June and even July lol. I know it's wack but it will be worth it trust me

the thing is... early interviews doesn't mean you have better chances. Not necessarily. That may be true if all schools interviewed based on chronological or priority order (grade or otherwise). In fact, most schools just review based on whoever does the review faster. So fair bit of luck is involved on who you get assigned to. That being said, don't hold your breath yet. WL movements in April and May are substantial at VCU. A big chunk of my friends had come out of WLs here.

• Care