2023-2024 UT Southwestern (UTSW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 Pre-ii R lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Should we all allow this rejection to stop the delusion train? Perhaps it was just a mistake and they meant to invite us all to interview 😎😎

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Proud to be part of the exclusive pre-II R train :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Should we all allow this rejection to stop the delusion train? Perhaps it was just a mistake and they meant to invite us all to interview 😎😎
We need to send them a rejection letter to reject their rejection

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
We need to send them a rejection letter to reject their rejection

We, at SDN, are sorry we cannot consider your rejection at this time. Thank you again for continuing to review all of our applications to UT Southwestern, and please accept our best wishes for the future.

Sincerely,

Delusion Train at SDN

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
I think we’ll get an email tomorrow that says “sorry but we actually meant to send you a pre-II A”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS pre-II R earlier today. Complete 6/28.

does anyone know how many prematch offers they have already sent out and whether they are still going to send more?

does anyone know how many prematch offers they have already sent out and whether they are still going to send more?
This is never known for any school.

Only school I have ever seen publish an ongoing tracker is university of michigan and they do it in a very public way.

This is never known for any school.

Only school I have ever seen publish an ongoing tracker is university of michigan and they do it in a very public way.
Thank you, was just seeing how realistic it was to get a prematch offer at this point in the year and whether they are still sending them out.

Thank you, was just seeing how realistic it was to get a prematch offer at this point in the year and whether they are still sending them out.
There will be at least one round if not 2 before match. They do it once a month.. Next one will be just before christmas.

I am not involved in admissions decisions, only a volunteer for our admitted student visit days

We have visit days in early January, early March, and then in April

So I assume we have another round of prematches going out ~1-2 weeks before the January visit day

Which should we prioritize attending if we are planning a visit: a visit day or MS0 weekend?

Which should we prioritize attending if we are planning a visit: a visit day or MS0 weekend?
There looks to be a more robust program for MS0 weekend but they explicitly say you will only get to see clinical sites/the sim center on visit days

wouldn't MS0 weekend be only for those who have committed or matched?
From what I can tell only those who've prematched are invited to MS0 weekend

a little late to the party, but got the pre-II R earlier this week. Good luck to everyone still in the running here!

Based on the FB group, there's about ~120 students in there currently (half the class size). But there may be students that prematched that didn't join the group, etc.

Just finished my interview here. My first interview was super chill, while my second grilled me. I am pretty excited with this school and will definitely have to play around with my TMDSAS rankings.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just finished my interview here. My first interview was super chill, while my second grilled me. I am pretty excited with this school and will definitely have to play around with my TMDSAS rankings.
thoughts after the student panel? I ended up liking the school much more afterward

thoughts after the student panel? I ended up liking the school much more afterward
The student panel definitely made me like the school more. The school seems so interested in scientific research and all the nitty gritty science, so to speak, and while I am interested in it, I can't say that it is really me. At the same time the wealth of opportunities and the access to competitive specialties is something I simply cannot ignore. I also felt that UTSW helps students foster a community even though the class size is huge, which interests me. I know I was struggling between UTSW and UTMB, and I think, as of now, I would rank UTSW over UTMB. If I pre-match to either, then I would definitely revisit my ranking. My heart and mind are telling me two different things as of now and I definitely need to sit and think about my rankings.

I would attend MS0 if you want to meet current students since it's run by students and 2 days long.

Visit day if you want to see Parkland (the hospital), visit days are run by UTSW staff.

The student panel definitely made me like the school more. The school seems so interested in scientific research and all the nitty gritty science, so to speak, and while I am interested in it, I can't say that it is really me. At the same time the wealth of opportunities and the access to competitive specialties is something I simply cannot ignore. I also felt that UTSW helps students foster a community even though the class size is huge, which interests me. I know I was struggling between UTSW and UTMB, and I think, as of now, I would rank UTSW over UTMB. If I pre-match to either, then I would definitely revisit my ranking. My heart and mind are telling me two different things as of now and I definitely need to sit and think about my rankings.

I will add that UTSW is working on expanding their research opportunities in other areas; they just opened a school of public health this year and are expanding the MD-MPH collabs + adding PhD programs in public health next year. But our health equity type research is not as good as some other texas schools

Based on the FB group, there's about ~120 students in there currently (half the class size). But there may be students that prematched that didn't join the group, etc.

I wouldn't use the FB group as a marker of how full the class is. It's more than half current students (the volunteers organizing MS0/helping with visit days for the new class), UTSW staff, and UTSW admin in that group.

Sorry to hear. If you don’t mind me asking when was your interview date?

I’m in-state, interviewed 8/26. My understanding was that all interviewees are considered through the match. Has UTSW sent post-II Rs in the past? Any more thoughts on this?

I’m in-state, interviewed 8/26. My understanding was that all interviewees are considered through the match. Has UTSW sent post-II Rs in the past? Any more thoughts on this?
Sorry for the news. I was wondering about the same thing because I looked online everywhere and thought that if you get an Interview you don't get rejected and the worst thing that can happen is getting waitlisted

It's uncommon for the TMDSAS schools, but UTMB & UTSW have sent some.

In a round-about way it helps you not to use up your Rank spot on UTSW if they have already decided they won't be ranking you highly.

Reactions: 2 users

Has your portal changed at all? Didn’t know this could happen either

It's uncommon for the TMDSAS schools, but UTMB & UTSW have sent some.

In a round-about way it helps you not to use up your Rank spot on UTSW if they have already decided they won't be ranking you highly.
I dont remember UTSW issuing post II -Rs in the past. It looks like they are adopting some new practices which kind of kills hope.

I dont remember UTSW issuing post II -Rs in the past. It looks like they are adopting some new practices which kind of kills hope.
Remember we only see through the viewfinder of peeps 🐥 who post on SDN.
Has it happened before? I don’t know

Remember we only see through the viewfinder of peeps 🐥 who post on SDN.
Has it happened before? I don’t know
We tell people they have a shot until May 15th. This kind of changes things in terms of some not even having a shot for match.