2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many interviews tend to go out in this latter mid-November to January period? Applied IS and was complete in late July, LM 70. Strong connections to the area and to mission fit. Heard back from other schools with similar missions/stats but crickets here. Obviously I can't do anything except wait, but just didn't know if there's still much of a shot in the later months.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many interviews tend to go out in this latter mid-November to January period? Applied IS and was complete in late July, LM 70. Strong connections to the area and to mission fit. Heard back from other schools with similar missions/stats but crickets here. Obviously I can't do anything except wait, but just didn't know if there's still much of a shot in the later months.

i would check out cycle track from last year, i think it general this cycle seems to be about 2 weeks off from last year but it will still give you some idea

Reactions: 1 user
i would check out cycle track from last year, i think it general this cycle seems to be about 2 weeks off from last year but it will still give you some idea
1699888834677.png

Thanks. If anyone else is curious, it looks like CycleTrack has 18 on record for 2023 cycle and of those 7 were sent out between now and January. So for whatever this data's worth, it looks like a little over a third still to go! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on threads over the last few years, decisions tend to come out on the first Tuesday of December. Do we still think this will be the case this year?
do you think acceptance comes based on when you interviewed, or do you think everyone (from a range of dates) is reviewed and a decision is made?

Good question -I'm not really sure. Does anyone else have any insight on this?
From the admissions website

"If you were interviewed between September to mid-November, you will receive a notification regarding your status in December. If you were interviewed mid-November to January, you will receive a notification by the end of March."

Thanks! Is there a chance that in December we'll get a continued review email instead of a decision (Accept/Waitlist/Reject)?

Yeah it seems like last year people got acceptances and continued review

Based on threads over the last few years, decisions tend to come out on the first Tuesday of December. Do we still think this will be the case this year?

i will literally be on a flight home from the UK so i hope not lmao

No they specified no update letters whatsoever

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II this past Wednesday evening. Complete 8/1, mid 70's LM. SO excited!

Are all the decisions just going to be on Friday? since their website was saying everyone will hear by December. I love this school sm (IS)

Are all the decisions just going to be on Friday? since their website was saying everyone will hear by December. I love this school sm (IS)
Historically it seems like notifications go out the first or second Tuesday of December for the first round, so I doubt we’ll hear anything on Friday.

Historically it seems like notifications go out the first or second Tuesday of December for the first round, so I doubt we’ll hear anything on Friday.
Nervous! I only have pre II holds so I hope UNC treats me well!

This is literally my dream school, so nervous for the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone else not gotten an email back confirming receipt after sending an interview thank you email to admissions? I sent mine like 10 days ago and am wondering if it's normal to not hear back.

IS Pre-II R just now. You missed out on a great applicant, UNC...

• Care
Has anyone else not gotten an email back confirming receipt after sending an interview thank you email to admissions? I sent mine like 10 days ago and am wondering if it's normal to not hear back.
I received a confirmation that they sent it after a day or two. I interviewed on 11/9, so depending on when you sent it...maybe they're catching up from the holidays??

OOS pre-II R. I will use every rejection to go even harder.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
did your portal say complete or you mean submitted? My portal still says Application Submitted: July 21, 2023. I never got a complete email I believe
They do not send out a complete email, I only got a payment confirmation email (fee waiver confirmation)

Reactions: 1 users
IS II!! I’m so surprised by this honestly anyone have any helpful tips for the interview day?

IS II as well!! Reapplicant, complete 8/11

Last edited:
Hopefully more are sent out next week :,)

this is not good for my mental health. may Tuesday come with haste

Reactions: 11 users
So by tomorrow and next Tuesday, we should all hear if we got an interview, rejection, or CR (even those without an interview)?