2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call about an hour ago!! OOS A, interviewed 11/13. It only takes one y’all.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who got the A portal not change yet?
Mine has the residency form but nothing else has changed. The initial email said an official acceptance letter would be coming so I’m hoping that shows up today…

I just got official letter today and but not residency form

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got accepted (anywhere, not just at UNC for that matter), how long did it take for the "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" buttons to show up for you in AMCAS?

For those who got accepted (anywhere, not just at UNC for that matter), how long did it take for the "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" buttons to show up for you in AMCAS?
It depends on the school…UNC tends to be slower, but ECU and Wake are faster about updating AMCAS

Anyone know how far on the waitlist they are

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted off the waitlist a few days ago. The email from admissions said I needed to accept my seat via email by Wed May 15 (tmrw). Does anyone know if this email acceptance of my seat is binding? and will it affect my acceptance at other schools right now, or not until the Commit to Enroll date?

Does anyone know if you have an acceptance to another school and CTE there, will you still be on the WL for UNC? UNC is my top choice school!! but I have a CTE deadline that is coming up

Does anyone know if you have an acceptance to another school and CTE there, will you still be on the WL for UNC? UNC is my top choice school!! but I have a CTE deadline that is coming up
You can attempt this, but it is likely not beneficial and could cause more harm for several reasons:
  1. Withdrawal by Waitlisted Schools: Many schools have automated systems that will likely withdraw your application if they detect a Commitment to Enroll (CTE) with another institution.
  2. Rescinding Acceptance: If a waitlisted school accepts you but later discovers you have a CTE at another institution, they have the right to rescind your acceptance.
  3. Risk to Current Acceptance: Furthermore, if the school where you've committed to enroll finds out you're still on another waitlist, they can also rescind your acceptance.

No, once you hit Commit to enroll, you are taken off all the other alternate lists. It's all in the traffic guidelines for applicants on the AAMC website.
edit: actually its most likely the applicants job to take off other alternate lists. some schools might automatically take you off if you hit CTE but to be courteous you're not supposed to hold any other alternate lists once you pass the commit to enroll deadline for the school you have an A

Last edited:
I was just accepted off the waitlist a few days ago. The email from admissions said I needed to accept my seat via email by Wed May 15 (tmrw). Does anyone know if this email acceptance of my seat is binding? and will it affect my acceptance at other schools right now, or not until the Commit to Enroll date?
It’s not binding, but you do lose your deposit if you choose another school. It will not affect your chances at other schools you are waitlisted at if you PTE, but you should only hold one acceptance after April 30. I.e. if you had an acceptance before UNC, you should narrow down to one as soon as possible

Just got the A call this morning!! There’s been no email or change to my portal yet but they told me that it will take time and should come soon.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Have you taken any gap years?
Yes a couple (highly recommend) 😊

Edit: “Right now, our average, I think, percentage of people that come straight out of undergrad is about 10% in our class.” -Dr. Rahangdale on a interview

• Wow