2023-2024 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, not at all. It seems like most people that got in had interviews in the spring. That's what I'm noticing. Rolling admissions means nothing if you're not a good fit for the school or stats are not in range. It really doesn't matter
This might be true. I applied pretty late in the cycle, submitted my primaries around 7/30/2023, submitted my secondaries for Morehouse around 12/11/2023, got an invitation for an interview on 01/12/24, did my interview Feb 9, and got accepted last night around 8pm.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be true. I applied pretty late in the cycle, submitted my primaries around 7/30/2023, submitted my secondaries for Morehouse around 12/11/2023, got an invitation for an interview on 01/12/24, did my interview Feb 9, and got accepted last night around 8pm.
Yep

Hey Guys! Just a heads up last night when I got the acceptance call, I actually missed the call TWICE. They didn't leave a voicemail either. About 30 minutes later I seen that I missed 2 calls. I put the phone number into google to see if I should call back or see if it was just spam. I googled the number and Morehouse popped up so I called the number back immediately. Then that's when I had the conversation to hear that I got accepted and what to do next. Still waiting on the acceptance email tho.

So try not to be like me and miss the call twice lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance email came today (A call 5/15) for those wondering

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone, really hoping to hear something soon! I interviewed 10/6 and have been waitlisted since 11/1. This waiting game is tough

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone, really hoping to hear something soon! I interviewed 10/6 and have been waitlisted since 11/1. This waiting game is tough
WL on 11/1 too, we are in the same boat!!

Reactions: 1 users
Released my A, hopefully one of you receives a call soon!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Heard 90% student population in Morehouse is made of just one race??? It cannot be a coincidence. Looks like the school is being partial to URM, this smells of discrimination. Agree admission standards for URM may be a bit lower, but 90% population is URM is a bit difficult for anyone to accept. Not saying all URM's may have a lower MCAT/GPA, but school seems to be focused in accepting URM.
What's your angle? Morehouse is an HBCU. There are a few schools in Florida that are mostly Hispanic as well. There are schools in the west coast and up north that have a much bigger Asian population than surrounding schools. There are literally 140+ schools for ORM and only 3 to 4 schools for mostly URM; specifically blacks. Why are you pressed?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
There is not a single school [Easy Coast or West Coast] with preference to ORM, but looks like there are many with preference to URM, Oklahoma State University is another one. This is a medical school admission, so they need to look at the overall GPA/MCAT score plus all the other things first instead of going by the race. On June 29, 2023, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to significantly limit the use of race in college admissions.
What is the race in Morehouse Medical School?

The enrolled student population at Morehouse School of Medicine is 79.5% Black or African American, 6.37% Asian, 4.65% White, 3.05% Hispanic or Latino, 3.05% Two or More Races, and 0.133% American Indian or Alaska Native.
Bro... I was rejected from this school twice. This is my 3rd year reapplying and my mcat scores were just not good. I can tell you it's not just about race.

There is not a single school [Easy Coast or West Coast] with preference to ORM, but looks like there are many with preference to URM, Oklahoma State University is another one. This is a medical school admission, so they need to look at the overall GPA/MCAT score plus all the other things first instead of going by the race. On June 29, 2023, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to significantly limit the use of race in college admissions.

The enrolled student population at Morehouse School of Medicine is 79.5% Black or African American, 6.37% Asian, 4.65% White, 3.05% Hispanic or Latino, 3.05% Two or More Races, and 0.133% American Indian or Alaska Native.
The mission of the school :
We exist to:

• Improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities
  • Increase the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce
  • Address primary health care through programs in education, research, and service
With emphasis on people of color and the underserved urban and rural populations in Georgia, the nation, and the world.

If you don't fit or agree with this mission, it's not the school to apply to for you

Reactions: 11 users
Why are you pressed?<=== because the

What is the MCAT score needed to get into this school?

• Increase the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce<== where is the diversity if 75% is one race.
Well it is increasing tbe diversity if the 75% are all minorities in medicine.....?

Morehouse & other HBCU’s were literally created because black people could not attend any other schools. As a result of this it’s going to be mostly a black population. White people are not applying here because of the mission and history. It’s not like they’re purposely excluding other races, other races are not applying as much as black people. Because these schools were literally made to give them a shot at an education. Furthermore, race based admissions is not a thing. Instead of getting pressed, read up on some black american history so you can be more informed in these conversations. Lastly, look at every other school. If black people are less than 13% they’re not represented in the population at that school and not “advantaged.” You will see that instead these schools are still an overwhelming majority white.

Reactions: 10 users
Why are you pressed?<=== because the

What is the MCAT score needed to get into this school?

• Increase the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce<== where is the diversity if 75% is one race.
Ok lets say all the things you stated are valid and the MCAT score needed to go to Morehouse is below average. Lets say they are fulfilling their diversity statement in a way which upsets you, now what? To what aim are your observations? Diversity starting somewhere is STILL diversity.

There is a need for diversity in healthcare. I have seen that in my decade long career as a nurse. HBCUs are needed. The faces of healthcare delivery have to diversify, by any means necessary. It will ultimately save people's lives. If this upsets you, you are in the wrong career.

FYI I applied and was placed on the waitlist after getting a 4.0 gpa in my postbacc with glowing recommendations because of my low MCAT.

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know when orientation/first day of class is this year? trying to prepare for quick turnaround if I do get off of the waitlist.

Removed myself from the waitlist just now. Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi All! I was recently accepted. Can someone drop the groupme please?

Based on the invite link, looks like 85 members. How many students are in a class at MSM usually?
Last year 110, year before 120 so more likely 20-30 spots left... One more huge WL movement coming up this month. If not picked, I don't even know if I'll reapply man. Haven't even started an application

Last year 110, year before 120 so more likely 20-30 spots left... One more huge WL movement coming up this month. If not picked, I don't even know if I'll reapply man. Haven't even started an application
That’s more than I thought, I thought they capped at 100. Kinda good news for us still waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
crazy how application years can overlap like this. AAMC gotta put a regulation on this. But praying all of us on this WL can get an A somewhere 🤞🏾

Nah bro, you're not but it's going to be one final big Movement. I just want to know how many are in the Groupme now

88 in the groupme. Stay strong! Hoping for WL movement for those really wanting that A at MSM!!

Reactions: 6 users