2023-2024 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 I did receive a secondary complete confirmation email though too... portal also says complete
+1 on all fronts: didn't receive the general update email, but application looks complete in all aspects

Members don't see this ad.

Props to them for telling us they don’t do “silent rejections” lol

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thought it was an II but turns out it’s just an courtesy email .I guess that’s better than a rejection for now :-/

Reactions: 1 user
+1 OOS II, LM 71, complete 7/25 for the Milwaukee Campus!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Props to them for telling us they don’t do “silent rejections” lol
just so everyone's aware lol.. I'm a reapplicant and they send these sorts of emails through the whole cycle! I think about once a month more or less, I ended up getting them until they denied me in March haha

Reactions: 2 users
II this afternoon! IS, Milwaukee campus, ORM, LizzyM 75, 1st quartile casper. Submitted 08/02.

Did anyone interview yet?
I interviewed recently and got a great impression from all the staff/students that we interacted with. Definitely felt that mid-west kindness coming through on interview day. Interviews were challenging but thought-provoking and went well overall. This was for the Milwaukee campus btw. Feel free to ask any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed recently and got a great impression from all the staff/students that we interacted with. Definitely felt that mid-west kindness coming through on interview day. Interviews were challenging but thought-provoking and went well overall. This was for the Milwaukee campus btw. Feel free to ask any questions.
Did you interview today?

For those who interviewed, are you emailing your thank you letter? If you arent and using the portal, are you putting two thank you letters or just one?

Anyone have tips for interviews with MCW-CW? Interview is 10/5 and this is one of my top choices so I really want to nail it!
Also new to this but if anyone is interested my LizzyM thing is 61, IS applicant, 4th quartile Casper, II on 9/21, app completed 9/6.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have tips for interviews with MCW-CW? Interview is 10/5 and this is one of my top choices so I really want to nail it!
Also new to this but if anyone is interested my LizzyM thing is 61, IS applicant, 4th quartile Casper, II on 9/21, app completed 9/6.
I have heard Anton Johnson, their Admissions Recruitment Lead, give some great advice, "Just be yourself. If they have offered you an interview they like you." Best of luck. You got this!

For those who interviewed, are you emailing your thank you letter? If you arent and using the portal, are you putting two thank you letters or just one?

I used the portal and sent in just one thank you letter. But I addressed both of my interviewers in the letter

Hey everyone! I'm a current M1 at MCW (the first class with the brand new curriculum overhaul) and just wanted to say if you guys ever have any questions now or down the road, don't be afraid to reach out to me! MCW was one of my most enjoyable interviews and they truly do care about their students and applicants. As a heads up, their application update emails saying "thank you for your patience" will continue to give everyone heart attacks for the entire interview season. Usually they send out about 3 or 4 of those per season and there's a pause in interviews for most of December/January. Good luck to everyone who applied!

Reactions: 11 users
IS applicant submitted 8/14, but still nothing yettt. MCW where you atttt :-(((((

Reactions: 6 users
IS II Earlier today, LM 69, 1st Quartile (lol), submitted 7/16

Reactions: 5 users
IS applicant submitted 8/14, but still nothing yettt. MCW where you atttt :-(((((
M1 here, I was complete in August last year and didn't get an II until March, so in the grand scheme of things, it's still extremely early. You may just have to settle in for the long haul.

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know what time they started sending out decisions last year?

Just got my pre-II R today. Best of luck to everyone!

• Sad
  • Care
Wonder if there is a difference in them sending out decisions for the milwaukee campus vs the regional ones

• Hmm
Not me refreshing my email every 2 seconds knowing damn well in previous years they didn't release decisions until 6-7 hours from now :)

neurotic premed gang rise up

Not me refreshing my email every 2 seconds knowing damn well in previous years they didn't release decisions until 6-7 hours from now :)

neurotic premed gang rise up
Same lmao...why do they release them so late! Regardless of the outcome I'll probably end up having difficulty sleeping because of this.