2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long after receiving an acceptance you are given to come up with the $2000 deposit?

Per the AACOMAS traffic guidelines you should have until December 14 if accepted prior to November 14 I believe

https://www.aacom.org/become-a-doctor/apply-to-medical-school/the-application-process#traffic

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how long it takes to receive a secondary application? I know I should not have been screened out.

Anyone know how long it takes to receive a secondary application? I know I should not have been screened out.
The secondary for LUCOM is just the interview invite since the primary included extra questions :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if the 10/23 interview is virtual or in-person? It doesn't specify on the scheduler

I just received secondary / II today. Does anyone know how many people they interview vs accept?

I just received secondary / II today. Does anyone know how many people they interview vs accept?
Their current class has 166, I saw someone say that they supposedly have a 60% post-II acceptance rate but I'm not sure what their source was for that

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviewed already, when did you received the detailed itinerary for your interview? Mine is in 2 days and I haven't gotten the email yet. Thanks!

For those who have interviewed already, when did you received the detailed itinerary for your interview? Mine is in 2 days and I haven't gotten the email yet. Thanks!
I got mine a week out if I'm not mistaken. Call them though they are really nice and will sort it out.

I got mine about a week before

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine a week out if I'm not mistaken. Call them though they are really nice and will sort it out.
Nevermind, they sent it to the liberty email account. I don't know why I didn't think to check that until now, thanks so much!

Nevermind, they sent it to the liberty email account. I don't know why I didn't think to check that until now, thanks so much!
No problem! Best of luck you'll do amazing!

AHHHHHHHH JUST GOT MY FIRST A I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I was losing my silly little brain because it's been almost 2 weeks since I interviewed but OMG

Reactions: 6 users
AHHHHHHHH JUST GOT MY FIRST A I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I was losing my silly little brain because it's been almost 2 weeks since I interviewed but OMG
Congratulations!! You earned it!

Hello I submitted my primary yesterday. Do they send me a link to claim my LUCOM account? How do I claim it??

I got a II for Nov 27th, is that too late? Or am I psyching myself out since its "past thanksgiving"? This is my only II as of rn so I am hanging on by a singular emotional thread lol

I got a II for Nov 27th, is that too late? Or am I psyching myself out since its "past thanksgiving"? This is my only II as of rn so I am hanging on by a singular emotional thread lol

They really seem to screen for mission fit so an II at any point means you’ve got a shot I’d say

I think you'll be okay in all honesty. They seem to be picking people carefully to interview. And I think what your thinking of more applies to if you don't hear anything at all by then. And even so people are accepted to schools right up to the last days of that years cycle. Don't pysch yourself out I'm sure everything will work out.

With my MCAT expiring this year and many, many rejections over the last 2 years I FINALLY landed a spot at a medical school.

Received my A today while I was at work. Interviewed 9/25.

Reactions: 3 users
With my MCAT expiring this year and many, many rejections over the last 2 years I FINALLY landed a spot at a medical school.

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats!

I think you'll be okay in all honesty. They seem to be picking people carefully to interview. And I think what your thinking of more applies to if you don't hear anything at all by then. And even so people are accepted to schools right up to the last days of that years cycle. Don't pysch yourself out I'm sure everything will work out.
Thank you for assuaging my fears. I am going to practice interview questions until my tongue falls out o_O

Not even close to late, I interviewed there in Feb a few years ago & got the A call a week later. They interview well into the spring.

Anyone that has interviewed in person has some feedback about how the day went? Thank you :)

Anyone that has interviewed in person has some feedback about how the day went? Thank you :)

They do their best to make it stress-free, just be yourself, everyone is really nice, campus is beautiful!

Hello, I submitted the primary last Wed. I have not received any confirmation of my app being received or anything. How long does it take to hear anything back from this school?

Hello, I submitted the primary last Wed. I have not received any confirmation of my app being received or anything. How long does it take to hear anything back from this school?
If it helps I submitted my primary 7/22 and received a secondary 8/10 to schedule an interview!

If it's something you're concerned about I would give them a call! They were very helpful from all my interactions with them.

Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, for those accepted, did you get an acceptance email the same day as the call?

It's a miracle!!!! I got my A call just now! I'm in disbelief, in a good way.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations Future Doctors!! I know there's a long road ahead of all of us but just enjoy this excitement and achievement for the rest of the day!

• Love
I got the following email: Greetings! This is a courtesy message to inform you that your application is in queue to receive an invitation to complete the LUCOM Application. Once you submit the application you will receive an automatic invitation to schedule an interview. Please expect to receive the formal invitation on Thursday, November 16, 2023.

Can someone tell me what the "LUCOM Application" is? Does it have secondary style questions?

No, it's a website where you pay your secondary fee and set up a Liberty email account and schedule your interview. The secondary prompts were submitted when you uploaded your primary app. :) Good luck!
I got the following email: Greetings! This is a courtesy message to inform you that your application is in queue to receive an invitation to complete the LUCOM Application. Once you submit the application you will receive an automatic invitation to schedule an interview. Please expect to receive the formal invitation on Thursday, November 16, 2023.

Can someone tell me what the "LUCOM Application" is? Does it have secondary style questions?

I just got mine, too! Does this mean we won't be able to schedule an interview until then?

No, it's a website where you pay your secondary fee and set up a Liberty email account and schedule your interview. The secondary prompts were submitted when you uploaded your primary app. :) Good luck!
Thank you!!