2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't understand something, I submitted 7/6, fairly decent stats, and I've not received any communication regarding an interview. How is it they people who submit at a later date get a response but when I submitted early, I did not receive one?
It doesn't matter if you submitted before them. No one is getting an interview at every school they apply to.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone who recieved a ii not have all there LORs submitted? for ex a committee letter

Little confused for the COVID-19 question : 1. Please share any disruptions and/or challenges you have experienced this application year as a direct result of COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider in conjunction with your application. The following are some examples of topics for consideration, but are not limited to: academic preparations; extracurricular activities and/or experiences; personal and/or professional opportunities; or lessons and insights gained as a result of COVID-19. (1000 characters)

It asks for challenges you experienced "this application year" so would that mean we cannot talk about struggles we faced while in college during the height of the pandemic ? Or did you guys talk about struggles you faced in the past too?

how were the interviews for ppl who did them today / yesterday? were they chill?
they were very nice. I didnt feel like they grilled me, and they seemed to genuinely want to connect with the applications and identify if they are a good fit for the school's mission. If I were to provide advice I would say prepare for some tougher interview questions for the 1:1, but they were pretty nice about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone who has done an interview know when they received their pre interview information email?

Does anyone who has done an interview know when they received their pre interview information email?
You will get an Interview Confirmation email right after you pick a day. Two days before the interview I received another email with Pre-Registration information for Zoom. You Pre-Register at least a day before and then you will receive another email with the actual link. Good Luck!

Seeing that people got IIs for my top choice makes me feel to cry. How long after you submitted the secondary did you get the II? :cryi:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, full blown tears now. Been more than a month.
Do not worry! Many schools do not go in order of submission date. I've talked to a helpful FIU student here on SDN and many matriculants got their II's later in the cycle. Do not lose hope!!

+1 IS II, complete 7/20ish, very excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know much about the post II acceptance? Does an early interview help chances at FIU?

Has anyone gotten a straight up rejection from FIU yet?

• Dislike
Did any any OOS IIs have ties to the state. I have none just seeing if getting an II is even in the picture at this point.

Probably speaking to the peanut gallery, but seeing others get interviews while you haven’t received one is nerve racking as all heck!

Reactions: 5 users
For those who received Interview invites, Congratulations!
Was it an email? Did they call you early in the morning ?
Thank you.

For those who have interviewed already, we don’t get the names of our interviewers before hand right?

Has anyone gotten any interview invites recently?
Also, did anything change on your portal before receiving the interview email? Freaking out, any insight would be helpful

Was anyone unable to attend the virtual cafecito today? My zoom was not working.

Was anyone unable to attend the virtual cafecito today? My zoom was not working.
I wasn't able to either. I was waiting in the new zoom session that they sent after they corrected the first for about 45 minutes before calling it quits. Stuff happens, it's understandable, hopefully they email us about a future session we can attend.

Just interviewed today. It was a quick 2 hour session. Faculty were all lovely, I interviewed with a student and then a physician. Pretty casual and traditional overall

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
during anyones interview, did the school say for early interviewers results would be relayed to us on October 15? i ask because i was told that during the interview, but i realized October 15 lies on a sunday so idk if this would still hold true

during anyones interview, did the school say for early interviewers results would be relayed to us on October 15? i ask because i was told that during the interview, but i realized October 15 lies on a sunday so idk if this would still hold true

on our interview day they said they’d start on the 16th but bc of the amount of applicants, expect something that week

So are results going to come out Monday or is it today? I know someone above said October 15 was a Sunday but I don't think FIU would call or email us on a Sunday...I mean unless they want to be really nice to us and ease our anxiety haha!

Does anyone know if they go in alphabetical order ? Also will they send out post-II Rs too or just As today?

Does anyone know if they go in alphabetical order ? Also will they send out post-II Rs too or just As today?
I have no idea, I heard it was random! I think they send all R, WL's, and A's all out in one day!