2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks bumblebee123456789!

No problem, pittbaddie. Thanks for typing out my name : )

Also want to add that I don’t know this 100% just my best guess based on reading through past years threads.

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is early-mid December for late October interviews, if that applies to you.
I am putting money on Tuesday, December 5th, because that is exactly 12 days after Thanksgiving and on a Tuesday, just like last year. Wishing all yall late Oct and early Nov II's the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 10/4 and still haven’t heard back, anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys just got an email, accepted! Interviewed 10/09

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 10/30, would we actually hear back before people who interviewed 10/4 or 10/9 though? It seems they'd release decisions for 10/4 interviewees first.. also congrats to everyone who got an A this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Did any 10/25 interviews hear back?

I interview tomorrow and still have not received zoom link or any information about the interview. When do they usually send this information out?

To anyone deferred, I wouldn't worry! I interviewed on 9/18, deferred on 11/10, and accepted yesterday 12/4!

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats!! I was deferred 10/17 and didn’t think they took people off deferral yet. I’m sad
Thank you! I am OOS so that could also play a role! They probably put IS and OOS students in separate piles for review or look at them differently. Regardless, I would try not to overthink it!

I have an interview coming up next Monday, but I haven’t received any recent emails, does anyone know when this email is sent out?

I have an interview coming up next Monday, but I haven’t received any recent emails, does anyone know when this email is sent out?
Mine was day before but if yours is on Monday I assume it’ll be Friday that you get with your breakout rooms and link to zoom

To anyone deferred, I wouldn't worry! I interviewed on 9/18, deferred on 11/10, and accepted yesterday 12/4!
That’s amazing, congrats buddy!! Any chance you would mind sharing stats? I also interviewed late September and deferred 11/10. I’m in-state though. This school is my top choice, but I am nervous I won’t get accepted because of my MCAT … but I have a high gpa and lots of extracurriculars/leadership but IDK if it makes up for it. But I take it’s a good sign I didn’t get rejected yet haha

I am happy to say I was accepted to Geisinger but I have some quick questions for current students as I’m trying to make my decision!

1. Is there enough to do in the area? Not huge on going out so I’m content with a smaller town feel but don’t want to feel like there’s nothing for fun to do at the same time
2. Is attendance mandatory for lectures?
3. What is the parking situation? Is it all street parking or is there a lot/garage
4. Where do students live? Any names of apartment complexes?

I am happy to say I was accepted to Geisinger but I have some quick questions for current students as I’m trying to make my decision!

1. Is there enough to do in the area? Not huge on going out so I’m content with a smaller town feel but don’t want to feel like there’s nothing for fun to do at the same time
3. What is the parking situation? Is it all street parking or is there a lot/garage
Congratulations on the acceptance! May I ask when your interview was?

Hey everyone, I am scheduled for my interview tomorrow but I don't see the confidentiality agreement on the portal. I checked yesterday and didn't see it. Did anyone go through this?

Hey everyone, I am scheduled for my interview tomorrow but I don't see the confidentiality agreement on the portal. I checked yesterday and didn't see it. Did anyone go through this?
You should see it today in the portal when you click on interview

I am dealing with the same issue. I responded to their email that they sent me. Fingers crossed that it doesn't mess up tomorrow.

are we expecting another round of decisions today? i interviewed 10/30 and am officially 6 weeks post interview. Fingers crossed!

are we expecting another round of decisions today? i interviewed 10/30 and am officially 6 weeks post interview. Fingers crossed!
Unfortunately, based on last year's thread, the next round of decisions should only come at the beginning of January. It seems as though they only have one time in a month when they announce decisions. My II was 10/25, so just passed that 6 week period last week and still nothing yet. But I definitely hope I am wrong lol

What I’ve noticed with the trend is that they seem to announce decisions once a month about applicants that were interviewed during a 2 week gap. So far last decisions were given beginning of Dec to those who interviewed late September until 10/20 as it seems. So I’d say next round of decisions will be given early January for the interviews post 10/20. But I could be wrong :)

Just received additional information regarding the Abigail Scholars program, but still no II

Just received additional information regarding the Abigail Scholars program, but still no II
Same. At first I thought it was an R bc these last few weeks that’s all I’ve gotten lol

• Care
lucky got the same email about the scholars program but already received an R months ago :cryi:

OOS pre-II R this morning! complete 7/29

Last edited:
  • Care

+1 and I'm interviewing for it next Monday so they really did just send it to every student email that clicked the box lmfao

Question
Anyone received an email about the scholarship? Had II on 11/8 no decision yet

Hi and congrats on the acceptance! I’m a M3 at gcsom and happy to answer any questions about the school.
1. There’s not as much going on as in a city but there’s absolutely enough to do. Tons of bars and really good restaurants. There’s a ski resort 15 min away we get cheap tickets to. Also movie theaters, malls, other shops, all that kind of stuff. At least once a month there’s a cultural festival of some kind (mostly just for food). The school is also only a few blocks from the U of Scranton so there’s young ppl around for sure. And it’s close enough to Philly and NYC to make a day trip. Personally I was not thrilled to move to Scranton but I had a great time!
2. Attendance is mandatory but it’s not a normal 8-12 lecture with professors talking the whole time like in college. There’s only ~6 mandatory sessions per week. I can explain more in a different post if anyone is interested.
3. There are parking lots but the students one is a little far from the building so if I drove I just used street parking. I personally lived very close and only drove if it was raining/snowing so the walk from the lot wasn’t worth it.
4. Like I said there’s a lot of college kids so there’s a decent amount of housing options. A lot of ppl found houses that were converted to apartments or lived in complexes. The two biggest were linden and miller lofts.