2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah I think you’re fine. I’ve never heard of anyone having an actual problem when everything is in but their application isn’t marked as “complete.” If I were in the office, I might get annoyed about all the people who probably reach out about this type of stuff. Not that it’s affect your app, but just for the sake of the other person’s sanity on the other end.
Hi All - we're looking into this with our developer. No one has emailed us specifically to let us know about this issue though. It can be challenging for our developer to look into an issue if we don't have an applicant to look at in order to drill down and find the issue. Right now, all I can tell them is "this thing is happening and anonymized people are posting about it." So, if anyone wants to send us a note, we might be able to get to the bottom of this faster. [email protected] Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone gotten an II instead of an R lol
No interview invites for the University Program have gone out yet. We've been screening and making decisions but are holding them until we have our interviewee portal ready for scheduling, pre-interview instructions, etc. First day of interviews for UP will begin on September 6th.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hi All - we're looking into this with our developer. No one has emailed us specifically to let us know about this issue though. It can be challenging for our developer to look into an issue if we don't have an applicant to look at in order to drill down and find the issue. Right now, all I can tell them is "this thing is happening and anonymized people are posting about it." So, if anyone wants to send us a note, we might be able to get to the bottom of this faster. [email protected] Thanks!
Just sent an email here. Hope it helps track the issue down!

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this in the CCLCM thread but I know not everyone checks it so: II just now for CCLCM!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just sent an email here. Hope it helps track the issue down!
hi! i was wondering if they ended up responding/ got it fixed for you? my other emails under communication status besides the secondary invite are still not present, and was not sure if I should also send an email?

hi! i was wondering if they ended up responding/ got it fixed for you? my other emails under communication status besides the secondary invite are still not present, and was not sure if I should also send an email?
They just needed an email to get the process of fixing it started. I never ended up getting any updates in my portal but everything seems to be alright since I was marked complete. As long as you got a complete email I think you're okay and the committee has received your app.

Reactions: 1 users
We thinking this week UP interviews start getting sent out?
I have no more information than anyone else but if I had to speculate: yes.
No interview invites for the University Program have gone out yet. We've been screening and making decisions but are holding them until we have our interviewee portal ready for scheduling, pre-interview instructions, etc. First day of interviews for UP will begin on September 6th.
Last year interview invites started 8/12 and the admissions office already said decisions have been made but that they're just waiting until the portal is ready. CCLCM invites already went out so I'm guessing the portal should already be ready or will soon be ready for the UP.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
I have no more information than anyone else but if I had to speculate: yes.

Last year interview's started 8/12 and the admissions office already said decisions have been made but that they're just waiting until the portal is ready. CCLCM invites already went out so I'm guessing the portal should already be ready or will soon be ready for the UP.
CCLCM confirmed that the glitch with their email system was University-wide so I'm guessing that may cause a little extra delay as they (UP) make sure that everyone gets an email if invited

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I even apply if i have no research?
Admission Requirements | MD University Program | Case Western Reserve University:
  • University Program (4 yr. MD): Research experience is not required. However, a successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an interest in participating in a future research project as a medical student.
If you see yourself wanting to go there, don't discount yourself! On their website and information sessions they have been pretty explicit about applicants not requiring research experience.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Should I even apply if i have no research?

I would definitely apply if your stats are in range, want to do scholarship in med school, and have reasons for wanting to come to Case. I know a good deal of med students here who did limited to no research in undergrad but had other accomplishments that made up for it.

Sooner than Sept 6th? Oh my, time to refresh emails even more anxiously
Happy The Simpsons GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II Submitted 7/17 LM 79. No ties.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS II Submitted 7/17 LM 76. First interview slot 9/6

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
OOS II recieved today at 2:56 pm central time; 3.88 cGPA 3.84 sGPA 521 MCAT (132, 129, 131, 129) LM 76.80 WARS 94 (up to 101 depending on generosity); Verified 07/18; Secondary Recieved and Submitted 07/20; disadvantaged status; T10 undergrad; 4 interview dates available ranging from September 6th to September 21st

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II recieved today at 2:56 pm central time; 3.88 cGPA 3.84 sGPA 521 MCAT (132, 129, 131, 129) LM 76.80 WARS 94 (up to 101 depending on generosity); Verified 07/18; Secondary Recieved and Submitted 07/20; disadvantaged status; T10 undergrad; 4 interview dates available ranging from September 6th to September 21st
We need more II comments like this. Homie out here saving us from being neurotic 🥵🥵🥵. What type of floors you like btw?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
@I_like_Floors
While the data is interesting, I personally wouldn’t be posting this much information. It makes it easy for an admissions member, if they monitor these forums, to not only identify who you are, but to also see what other schools you have interviews from and are thus “competing” with to land your matriculation. Just my .02.
I appreciate your input :). I like being transparent though and I would gladly go to case if accepted too :D

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if case is likely to interview people with a 515 and 3.99 gpa? I know they have high average MCATs so it’s a reach for me but just wondering if anyone knows people who have gotten interviews in the past?

Does anyone know if case is likely to interview people with a 515 and 3.99 gpa? I know they have high average MCATs so it’s a reach for me but just wondering if anyone knows people who have gotten interviews in the past?

A 515 MCAT is unquestionably in range with your GPA. Of course good school fit and solid ECs will help greatly in getting an interview. Check MSAR, I’d guess the 25th percentile of interviewees is either a 515 or 516.

“Likely” is unfortunately difficult to say for any applicant though given the pure volume of applicants compared to interview spots for any MD school.