2023-2024 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! My status changed to "Application is on Hold; followup email sent." but never received an email. Any ideas what this means?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do u need Casper score in order to get interview or is it used post-interview for final decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do u need Casper score in order to get interview or is it used post-interview for final decisions?

My first reaction was to say you need it to be complete but on the portal it doesnt seem to be part of the “checklist” so im not sure

My first reaction was to say you need it to be complete but on the portal it doesnt seem to be part of the “checklist” so im not sure
I think you do need it for interview since I noticed on the portal my app was on hold until my CASPer score was released

Reactions: 1 users
II in portal.. said sent in email but I do not see it

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
On the secondary portal, it specifies that BU wants 3 letters and to use 5 for special circumstances (such as grad school). However, on the MSAR it had not specified when to submit 5. Is it worth it to email BU to ask them if its possible to look at only 3 letters and which one to or should I just leave it with 5 letters?
wondering as well

II received 8/15! Complete 7/21 LM 73.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody have a number next to "Authorization Number" on the payment page? I don't.

Asking this again, does anybody have a number next to "Authorization Number" on the payment page? I don't.

Asking this again, does anybody have a number next to "Authorization Number" on the payment page? I don't.
I don't. As long as the box is green and it says payment received, I think it should be fine.

Hello, does anyone know if BU SOM has non-biomedical research opportunities? Whenever I read about their programs (summer, gap year, etc.) there seems to be an expectation that the research we'll engage with is biomedical in nature--which isn't a bad thing, I have plenty of those interests as well. I'm just wondering if someone knows whether we can use the dedicated research time for non-biomedical research endeavors such as in public health.

Anyone else's Quikpay page not working? Does anyone have a workaround for this? I have tried Chrome and Edge and cleared cookies on both but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Quikpay page will not load...

Thanks.

Is the portal down for anyone else?
Edit: my laptop is a dinosaur so it could just be me.

does this school screen for casper scores? got first quartile :( but 521 MCAT and 3.8 GPA so not sure if i have a shot

Did anyone else get an email stating "Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine; No Response to Initial Contact?"

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this haha, it's been 3 weeks since I was verified and am about to submit my secondaries today, and just saw this in my inbox. Asked another friend who submitted last week who said he didn't get that, despite having a similar turnaround time
I got this email as well at the 3 week mark from when I received my secondary (I had just finished it up and was about to submit). I assumed it was automated but I guess time will tell.

is anyone elses portal saying: "The username you entered cannot be identified" i saw the portal was down for others yest