2023-2024 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!! Did anyone here who got accepted have a lower gpa but took diy classes? I know it’s fine since it’s a huge upward trend but there is still some stigma I feel like and I didn’t know how holistic BU is towards that!
me! I had a 3.19 undergrad gpa and did a post bacc. I did well in the post bacc. And I got the A last month :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
omg this gives me hope haha was it a diy post bacc? did they mention it in any of your interviews? congratulations this is so exciting for you! :)
thank you :) It was not DIY, it was a “formal” post bacc but I don’t think it matters to them. It didnt come up in any interviews actually. I def thought I was gonna get grilled about my GPA but seems like they were interested in other things about my app. Feel free to DM me if you have more questions ❤️

anyone that has interviewed and heard back, how much time were you waiting after your interview?

anyone that has interviewed and heard back, how much time were you waiting after your interview?
they dont do rolling admissions. they release decisions in december then in march i believe.

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Kinda stung given that I’m a double alum (undergrad and their mams program)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for ppl applying for financial aid, where do you upload ur tax documents?

I know this is early in the cycle butttt I'm an accepted (and deferred) applicant from last year and I am starting to look for housing in the south end! wanted to see if anyone is strongly considering committing to BU and wants to be roommates perhaps :,) I'm a 25 y/o F likely looking for another F who has taken some gap years as well! pls message me now or even later in the cycle when you have more As and more info about where you're gonna end up :)

good luck to all!! the application year and waiting is brutal but you got this.

for ppl applying for financial aid, where do you upload ur tax documents?
MyApplication Portal -> Financial Aid Tab -> Click "Continue to SFS managed section" -> Documents Tab (at the top of the page)

Reactions: 1 users
MyApplication Portal -> Financial Aid Tab -> Click "Continue to SFS managed section" -> Documents Tab (at the top of the page)

are only accepted folks uploading these documents? or should we also do this early if we're still waiting to hear back in March?

Is the interview open-file or closed?

Based on my skim of this thread, it seems less conversational and more focused on grilling?

Based on my skim of this thread, it seems less conversational and more focused on grilling?
Open-file.

My interview was very conversational and easy-going.

Open!

I had a wonderful interview experience here. It's clear that my interviewer really took the time to read my application from start to finish and genuinely wanted to get to know me.

Reactions: 6 users
Open-file.

My interview was very conversational and easy-going.

Open!

I had a wonderful interview experience here. It's clear that my interviewer really took the time to read my application from start to finish and genuinely wanted to get to know me.
Thanks. I'm hoping this will be the case. Got grilled at a school that everyone called easygoing lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II just now, complete 11/27. 6 dates between tomorrow and 2/5

• Love
Hey guys, wondering what our BU ID is? Trying to fill out finan aid docs but they all ask for an ID and I don't know it lol.

Does anyone know if they take pre-II update letters/letters of interest? If they do, any success stories in securing an II after sending one in? Complete 7/26 and silence ever since.

Sorry, I know this was probably mentioned a bunch but I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the thread

This may be a bit late, but did anyone else post interview receive an interview followup email saying they'd appreciate seeing final transcripts (or current transcripts if still in school)? I was wondering if they meant this only for people who were accepted and planning to matriculate or for everyone who completed interviews

This may be a bit late, but did anyone else post interview receive an interview followup email saying they'd appreciate seeing final transcripts (or current transcripts if still in school)? I was wondering if they meant this only for people who were accepted and planning to matriculate or for everyone who completed interviews
From their FAQ, it is highly likely that you are going to receive an A! Please let us know if/when you got their offer.

I received an email from the Office of Admissions asking for an official transcript. I submitted an official transcript to AMCAS. Do I still need to send one in to you?​

Yes. AMCAS does NOT send any transcripts to us. They send us a grade report that they generate from your official transcript(s). If we ask for an official transcript at any time during the application cycle, you will need to have it submitted to us directly from your school by mail or email [email protected]. This also applies to applicants who attended any Boston University program or course. We have no access to BU official transcripts so they must be sent in hard copy to our office. Final official transcripts displaying degree(s) earned and date(s) earned are required to matriculate.

From their FAQ, it is highly likely that you are going to receive an A! Please let us know if/when you got their offer.

I received an email from the Office of Admissions asking for an official transcript. I submitted an official transcript to AMCAS. Do I still need to send one in to you?​

Yes. AMCAS does NOT send any transcripts to us. They send us a grade report that they generate from your official transcript(s). If we ask for an official transcript at any time during the application cycle, you will need to have it submitted to us directly from your school by mail or email [email protected]. This also applies to applicants who attended any Boston University program or course. We have no access to BU official transcripts so they must be sent in hard copy to our office. Final official transcripts displaying degree(s) earned and date(s) earned are required to matriculate.
Hmmm I don't know about "highly likely", from what I've heard from current students, this goes out to almost all interviewees post-II. I got deferred in December and I'd probably assume everyone else who got deferred got this email too. I'd love to believe you though!! 😅

Hmmm I don't know about "highly likely", from what I've heard from current students, this goes out to almost all interviewees post-II. I got deferred in December and I'd probably assume everyone else who got deferred got this email too. I'd love to believe you though!! 😅
Oh yeah, I never took as anything like that lol. I was just curious if anyone else who got this ended up sending in a transcript anyway without being accepted yet!

Oh yeah, I never took as anything like that lol. I was just curious if anyone else who got this ended up sending in a transcript anyway without being accepted yet!
I got deferred in Dec and i had sent my final transcripts a couple weeks before just because of the wording of that email. doubt it moves the needle either way

I got deferred in Dec and i had sent my final transcripts a couple weeks before just because of the wording of that email. doubt it moves the needle either way
I interviewed in early January, which is the start of the second cycle, and I got an email for transcripts ~2 days after my interview. So... I dont think it means anything, there is almost no chance they reviewed my app in that amount of time, let alone made a decision on my app. Best of luck

fairly certain its for everyone. I got it and got rejected in the dec wave of decisions post II.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone who interviewed in the "second round" remember when they said they will review our apps? Late February? I know Dean Goodell gave a specific date during the info session that I wrote down, but can't find now of course...

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone who interviewed in the "second round" remember when they said they will review our apps? Late February? I know Dean Goodell gave a specific date during the info session that I wrote down, but can't find now of course...
From my notes during the info session: "Feb 28 selection meeting where a decision will be made on my app. Hear from them in March with a decision."

what are the chances of getting in if your decision has been deferred to March? is it low?

what are the chances of getting in if your decision has been deferred to March? is it low?
quoting this = does anyone have any idea (coming from someone deferred to March)? People are liking the message but not sure if that means that it is a low chance lol

quoting this = does anyone have any idea (coming from someone deferred to March)? People are liking the message but not sure if that means that it is a low chance lol
The answer is, no one knows for sure. But anecdotally there are several people on last year’s thread who reported A’s after being deferred to March.

The answer is, no one knows for sure. But anecdotally there are several people on last year’s thread who reported A’s after being deferred to March.
does anyone who received the A in Dec know when the accepted students days are? Just praying for the A in March so wanna see if there’s one in April and make sure I’m in town lol. Thank you :)