Null 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ophthoptimistically

Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are dead set on ophtho (from your name) go to miami. Bascom Palmer is the one of the best eye institutes in the nation, and the networking/connections is second to none. If you look at match lists, the amount of ppl going into ophtho from there is nuts.

Otherwise go to nw

Reactions: 1 user
gonna agree with the above comment. If Ophtho is your top choice then it would be wise to consider Miami. Otherwise, Northwestern wins 100%.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are dead set on ophtho (from your name) go to miami. Bascom Palmer is the one of the best eye institutes in the nation, and the networking/connections is second to none. If you look at match lists, the amount of ppl going into ophtho from there is nuts.

Otherwise go to nw
Thanks for your input, my thought process is I probably haven’t seen enough of ophtho or other specialities to really be dead set on it. If I change my mind I may kick myself over passing up on NU. That said if I don’t change my mind, I might have some regrets about not going to Miami.

Can't speak for Miller (didn't go there!), but your pros for FSM are spot on (although I don't know personally about the MSTP admin). While I went to UG on the east coast, I grew up in SoCal, so yeah Winters were different than that, but get advice from a local about a good jacket and you'd be fine. I was definately not in the top half (or even the top 3/4) of their admit profile, so had a little imposter syndrome, but was assured that they wouldn't let anybody in who didn't have the potential to thrive - and they were right! Also wasn't ophtho, but knew a couple and they both matched to their #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.