2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i’ve seen some schools extend their PTE deadline, that’s probably impacting CTE and therefore WL movement as a whole.

Similar rhetoric was extended by another WL im on. They didn’t say they had a class they just said it was too soon to start movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
excited finding nemo GIF

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from the waitlist, good luck to whoever gets it

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For the sake of transparency, there are no changes from last week. Some people are still PTE but the class remains full.

• Care
At this point I am jealous of the people that got closure in February.

Reactions: 6 users
Given not everyone joins the groupme, the total committed is probably higher than 109 which means the class is still full

Reactions: 1 user
I’m so confused about this because it seems like the admissions team has said they were full since day 1
It explains the increase of the FB group from 165 to 168 the past week and now 167.

I suspect that the admissions email will send you the automatic response "we're full" if the word "waitlist" is contained anywhere in your email. My friend that is also on the waitlist said that they sent a couple of emails to the duke admissions email, and they got the message only for the emails that contains the word "waitlist" even though they were all related to their waitlisted app.

If they are having waitlist movement, the silver lining is that it means people are starting to drop their multiple acceptances and not everyone who gets off the waitlist will accept the offer. Other top schools like Stanford and Yale seem to be having movement so there might not be a big wave but rather a trickle as people get close to either school's extended PTE or CTE deadlines.

It explains the increase of the FB group from 165 to 168 the past week and now 167.

I suspect that the admissions email will send you the automatic response "we're full" if the word "waitlist" is contained anywhere in your email. My friend that is also on the waitlist said that they sent a couple of emails to the duke admissions email, and they got the message only for the emails that contains the word "waitlist" even though they were all related to their waitlisted app.

If they are having waitlist movement, the silver lining is that it means people are starting to drop their multiple acceptances and not everyone who gets off the waitlist will accept the offer. Other top schools like Stanford and Yale seem to be having movement so there might not be a big wave but rather a trickle as people get close to either school's extended PTE or CTE deadlines.
And this is what I was thinking. Variable PTE dates across schools will not have the same impact as CTE. The delay we are seeing with PTE will probably go away as we get closer to June and things will start to look more like past cycles for almost all schools.

It’s not over til it’s over. Everyone will end up where they are supposed to be. The numbers game with the groupme and facebook can be anxiety-inducing. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Regardless, whatever institution you guys end up is luck to have you.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
And this is what I was thinking. Variable PTE dates across schools will not have the same impact as CTE. The delay we are seeing with PTE will probably go away as we get closer to June and things will start to look more like past cycles for almost all schools.

It’s not over til it’s over. Everyone will end up where they are supposed to be. The numbers game with the groupme and facebook can be anxiety-inducing. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Regardless, whatever institution you guys end up is luck to have you.
Personally, I think I'm at the point where I'm mentally moving on. After waiting this long, I don't think I can hold out anymore and hope that they like me enough to admit me over the 100+ applicants they accepted but turned them down. I'm grateful for the interview opportunity and the position on the waitlist but I think I'm done feeling like I'm not good enough as an applicant, especially after being lucky enough to get into other T20 schools.

Even though the CTE date is June 15, a combination of recent events and dealing with this anxiety for more than a year have helped me realize that I just don't want to feel like I'm holding my breath anymore and actually want to be excited to attend med school, even if it's not a place that has everything I want. My heart is with people who don't have any acceptances yet.