Questions about private practice and how they run?
I am in need of an Audiologist who worked in a private practice to be willing to answer some questions for a presentation!
Below are some of the questions I need answered. Please answer as few or as many you want!
What Work is like
1. Could you describe one of your typical workdays?
2. What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis?
3. What parts of your job do you find most challenging?
4. What do you find most enjoyable?
5. Are there any negatives to your job?
6. How many hours do you work in a typical week?
State of the Industry
7. Is this field growing enough so that there's room for someone like me?
8. What developments on the horizon could affect future opportunities?
9. This field has changed dramatically in the past few years. What have you seen from inside your workplace? Where do you think the changes will happen in the next five years?
10. Why do people leave this field?
11. Who are the most important people in the field today?
12. Are there opportunities for self-employment in this field? Where?
Money and Advancement
13. What would be a reasonable salary range to expect if I entered this field? What is the long-term potential?
14. What is the advancement potential in the field? What is a typical path?
15. How did you get your job?
16. If you could start all over again, would you change your career path in any way? Why?
Skills and Experience
17. What additional educational preparation would you recommend for someone who wants to advance in this field?
18. What qualifications, personal qualities and skills do you seek in a new hire?
19. Is there anything else you think I need to know?