The ultimate grey area MCAT retake or not to retake
I received a 511 overall on the MCAT (CARS 130:, Psych/Soc: 128, Bio/Biochem: 126, Phys/Chem: 127). I was very disappointed with this score and really wanted to break into above the 90th percentile range. Historically on practice tests I had performed much better on both Psych/Soc and Bio, and I am a biology major and consider that to be much more my strong suit than Chem, which I have been historically weaker in. At the time of taking the exam I had not yet taken Biochem. I’m very very torn on whether I should retake or not. I am scheduled for the April 22 date as this was the last time before graduation that I could take the tests and not have the scores delay my AMCAS application this cycle. Any advice would be so appreciated I have been going back and forth for months.
GPA: 3.80, BCPM GPA: 3.68